All Topics / Creative Investing / Couldn’t see the house but saw the potential

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

How many times do we hear people say that there are no bargins out there. Driving down a street is no way to pick the winners in any market.

A few years ago I bought a renovation wiz by walking the streets and knocking on the doors. I could not see the house but the area was a winner and the agents told me that the house was not for sale.

I left a message under the door on 4 occasions, then one day (6 months later) I got a call from the owners son – Hi there my mother just died and we don’t want to deal with agents can we talk … yes we can … yes we did … win win … great profits.

What is your great storey of picking a winner …

resiwealth

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Our winner was on a row of houses of which the agent had now keys ie: they were governemtn houses that had been empty for months and the keys had gone astray within the governement dept before the houses were listed for sale, we therefore had to climb through windows to get into several to have a look at them.

Once I’d found the one I wanted, the first thing we did upon settlement was change the locks so we could let ourselves in through the front door. And fix the wondows so noone else could let themselves in!

After a reno we doubled the price, certianly worth the unconventional way of getting into the homes to have a look.

PK

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

What a great story PK.

AJBS

Profile photo of AuzzieLadAuzzieLad
    Participant
    @auzzielad

Pk, always good to have a good laugh, didnt know three stoogies did renos hahah. Good positive reading Kp & Resi.

Keep it up :)

Profile photo of MrFairGoMrFairGo
    @mrfairgo

Yep, bargains abound. We have settled on 4 houses 95 – 108k in the last 4 weeks.

And we just signed to buy one for 80k. The guy started to renovate it – did a new roof, then pulled out all the internal lining. Changed his mind, and decided to sell this house, now with no internal walls!

It used to be 2 flats, and we probably could make it back into two flats, but we’ve pretty well decided to make it into one large 4-bedroom house (only one kitchen and one bathroom needed)

The really GOOD bit is that we have access to the house to renovate as soon as the contract is unconditional, and settlement is in three months. We will have it finished ready to be valued – at about 160k for a spend of 25k – by settlement day. :)

So keep lookin’ folks!

Lance

Fair Go Homes
    http://fairgohomes.com.au

Rapt with Wrapping!
    1300 666 247
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

PK, you are not alone in the going through windows in hunt of a property. Have done this a few times in the past although not so much lately.

[email protected]
    Property Finders living in NZ .
    We are active in this market and buy Properties directly from the public. Maybe you want to sell?
    Email now for information sheet and current deals.

If you have joined the list since 16 Oct Please re send information.

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.