All Topics / Help Needed! / convincing the partner

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Ron BurgundyRon Burgundy
    @ron-burgundy

after attending the master class on sunday on even more determined to get the ball rolling but am facing what im sure must be a commonm hurdle, and that is a lack of support, enthusiasm and negative attitude from my wife.
    I would love to hear from anyone else who faced such problems and can suggest some helpful ways to improve the situation or even things to avoid that delay progress.
    Ron

ps. she is currently reading steves 2nd book and another master class is not for months.

Profile photo of ShwingShwing
    Participant
    @shwing

Hi Rob,

There are plenty that have been down this path.
    Check out this previous Forum Topic
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/18346.html

Mal

Getting out of your comfort zone, can help you become comfortable

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Hi Ron,
    A good thing is that she is reading a property investment book- this may spark her interestPerhaps the strategies that she knows about do not suit her. If she reads from a wide range of authors on property investing who introduce her to different strategies there may be something she feels positive about.
    This may be a good point to start, if you are both feeling confident about that certain strategy.

Otherwise, would it be possible for both of you have a certain amount of money you agree on to each do your own thing with that amount?
    Have one ‘money pool’ from which you pay the necessities like groceries and rent or mortgage payments. The rest could be divided in half, so each can do with their own half what they like.

Celivia

Profile photo of mccozmccoz
    Participant
    @mccoz

Hi Ron,

I have faced a similar situation from husband, when I embarked on this journey earlier this year. It wasn’t until I picked up my first property (renovation property), and showed him around it, talked him through the plan, and the numbers that he started showing some excitement, and support. 8 months on, he’s keen to listen, but happy for me to do the hard slog, rather than get actively involved. That’s enough for me. I know that at some point, the numbers will eventually accumulate to a level at which he will “see the light” and understand my commitment to this. I just have to keep going and look forward to the day!

Good luck,

mccoz

Profile photo of Samantha McGlynnSamantha McGlynn
    @samantha-mcglynn

I think the only way is to actually encourage, and bite the bullet whilst showing the numbers. That was the only way I convinced my husband. Then we bought another 2 (well I researched and offered and placed the contracts in front of him to sign).

Now he is even on the computer with me and analysing the deals… but he won’t talk to a bank or mortgage broker. dunno why as i have great long conversations.. actually maybe that’s why.

my only advice is to do it and show them the final product and ignore all the negative comments between the beginning and end and if at the end you let them say ‘told you it’d be good’ you’re onto a winner.

sam[biggrin]

Profile photo of Ron BurgundyRon Burgundy
    @ron-burgundy

thanks for help everyone.
    Im definitely not alone
    Somehow that makes it a little easier i quess.
    Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.