All Topics / General Property / Had a look in the mirror lately??

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

A little fun before xmas[wacko]

O.K i think its time we all had a little make over to make our selves feel better in this negative property market.

We all need to feel a little cherpier and like a cosmetic cut and tuck i think its time to look at where we live for a slap of paint and throw out some junk before xmas/summer is here, to make us feel better and at the same time add some value to our homes.

We are judged by how we look and what we say, so how and what does where you live say. This week-end i am (and my wife/kids) having a huge spring clean, and putting a new slap of painting/feature walls to the house.

What can you do to add value to where you live, give a better impression and cost next to nothing.

resiwealth[worried]

Profile photo of kenkoh2000kenkoh2000
    @kenkoh2000
    Originally posted by resiwealth:

We are judged by how we look and what we say, so how and what does where you live say.

What can you do to add value to where you live, give a better impression and cost next to nothing.

resiwealth[worried]

Dear Resiwealth,

1. I refer to the a/m quote in your post.

2. Why should we allowed ourselves to be “judged” externally by how we look and say to others?
    Is this really that important to you personally and to other Australians in general?

3. The essence in your thread can be better coined as “How to add value and improve a house’s street appeal with minimal costs through (cosmetic) renovation?”, isn’t it?

4. for your kind update and due considerations,please.

5. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Despite living in Perth where we don’t feel down or negative at all over the property performance, the wife and I have decided to tart up the PPoR.

In fact we had a wee chat with an architect today about what to do out the back to zizz it up a bit. Man, those guys are out of the box when it comes to ideas aren’t they ??

We concentrated on three areas ;

1. Tinker with the facade and bring it back from the 1940’s forward about 70 years.
    2. Gut the bathrooms and start again.
    3. Put up a massive one room extension out the back….I’m talking about a real wow room out the back that is absolutely jaw dropping. Cathedral ceilings, glass type of conservatory thingy about 15m x 12m flowing from the rear of our house all the way out to the pool.

We’ve got a representative from one of the big builders coming on Wednesday to sit down and plan it all through….who knows.

The wife and I are pretty excited about the possibilities…but we haven’t seen any figures with dollars next to them yet…so the enthusiasm will be dampened I am sure when that comes through.

Our current situation is house is worth about 5% of the value of the property….if that.

Block is 1,100 sqm. Current house is 150 sqm.

Council has advised with our zoning (R10) we must have 60% open space, so we can build up to 440 sqm…so something up to 290 sqm extra. Builders have estimated $ 2K per sqm, which sounds a bit high…what do others reckon ??

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Dazzling,
    I always use architects. I use them because they are ‘out of the box’ and come up with ideas I would never have thought of. I’ve seen too many renovations that I can tell were cobbled together by people taking pictures from magazines and ideas from TV shows. They lack a unifying theme.
    A good architect will take a thorough brief and quiz you on how you live and what you like to do etc. We had an architect do a PPOR reno in the early 90s and he spent hours quizzing us. It took a month to agree on the design before any council plans were drawn up. I paid the architect a fee for this conceptual stage.
    Don’t be put off by people who say: ‘Architects are too expensive.’ The answer to this is to decide on a total project budget and tell the architect that their fee comes out of this total. (Understate the actual budget by 5% to allow for inevitable cost over runs.)
    For an architect designed reno, $2K per sqm seems pretty reasonable.
    Scott

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Had a look in the mirror lately??
    Yep..in a cafe..

there was a sign there it said “No wonder you go home alone”

so i left..

alone ![biggrin]

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I like to get up half an hour early so I can stand infront of the mirror and brush my hair. Then I make sure I take my brush with me wherever I go so I may make slight adjustments just incase I pass a mirror on my journeys.

Cheers,
    Jacob.

‘Stay Happy and you’ll be Perfectly Fine’ – Jack

Profile photo of surreyhughes19905surreyhughes19905
    @surreyhughes19905

“Allow” ourselves to be judged by others?

[biggrin]

How will you stop me from judging you by your rather naive outlook and probably foolish behaviour? Now I’ll treat you differently and all because of what I’ve observed externally. Try to not “allow” that if you will…

We are judged by our appearance and demeanor whether we like it or not (I like it, but then I appear to the world the way I want to be judged). The impression people get when they see your home is important, especially if your are to do business with them or you want them to take your seriously. Despite the urban legends of the bum millionaire I would not likely do business with or associate with a person who lived in a dump with a wrecked Datsun 180 in the front yard. More likely they are a slovenly person with little self respect and little concern about other people or their feelings.

Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

Dazzling,
    It’s called rewarding yourself. When you do well in your working and investing lifes,you should give you’re self a reward.
    This gives you the motivation to continue along “the” wealth building path.
    Doing a nice renovation gives your well being a huge boost.Right to the sky.

You mentioned a conservatory.
    Remember to have the walls DOUBLE GLAZED.Special treated glass for the roof.
    The roof is a pain in the B..,Always filthy. No matter how many times you clean the damn thing the next day you have too do it all over again.
    Bloody rain and due are the problems.

Conservatorys are great.We use ours for all our meals. Plus a top place for reading in.
    Be generous with yourselves, it’s your reward.

bruham.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.