All Topics / Value Adding / Putting older home on vacant block

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of dragonbladedragonblade
    @dragonblade

Has anyone had any experience in putting an older established home onto a vacant block? (especially in the Newcastle/Hunter area).
    Interested in how you went about it and the costs involved. Also, if at the end you thought it was worthwhile.

Cheers
    Pete

Profile photo of dynamic didynamic di
    @dynamic-di

Hi Pete,

I am currently doing this at the moment, but in Brisbane. It is more complex than building a new home and requires a lot of coordination. It is my first foray and have found it very challenging. Whatever the end result, it is worth it as I am learning a lot and keen to progress as a property developer.

Not including costs for the DA and conditions attached plus council contributions – the house cost $42K; for relocation, raising house and restumping $23K; buidling renovation $40K; and still waiting for quotes for plumbing, electricity, concreter. Will end up with 3 bdr, 1 bath, double garage and future potential to build downstairs.

Cheers and happy hunting.
    Diana

Profile photo of DevinDevin
    @devin

Hi Pete

I agree with Dian it is a lot different to just plain building a home because of all the coordination and organizing one must do.

I am just weeks away from completing my house removal. I have placed the home on a block a land with a excisting house on it and sub divided it which I think will give me the best result. My costs were similar to Dian’s. My tip would be to find a flat block.

Have fun

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Isn’t it wonderful to see people going to the trouble of preserving these homes, even though the costs are a bit wacko i truley commend all of you who do this, good stuff guys and gals

resiwealth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.