All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Accountant V Accountant

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

Without getting into the long drawn out details, here is my current dilemma.

I entered into a partnership with an associate to purchase a property.

Anyway we have reached the end of the financial year and now at tax time there is a difference of opinion on a matter of lodging a particular item with the tax office.

Me and my accountant beleive that we have to lodge it.

My associate under instruction from his accountant thinks we don’t.

This has led to a series of chinese whispers and circles.

Has anybody got any suggestions on resolving this matter quickly??????[dizzy][dizzy][dizzy]

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Profile photo of MIKALAMIKALA
    @mikala

Hi there,

Is there any possibility of the 2 accountants having a phone conversation to discuss – maybe one can convince the other of the correct position and then you can both lodge the same claims

Cheers

MIKALA

Profile photo of coastymikecoastymike
    Participant
    @coastymike

As with any disagreement with regards to a professional opinion I always request the objecting accountant to provide their reasons in writing with reference to relevant case law, ATO rulings, etc.

I would suggest this approach. It makes things clear and in the event of an audit if one accountant is incorrect in their interpretation of the law then you will have taken all reasonable care.

This will cost you more but well worth it.

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

thanks for advice mikala and coasty mike.

I hope to sort it out this week.

The drama has probably been a blessing in disguise as it has really shown up a communication problem between my partners and accountants involved that needs to be resolved.

I’ll keep you posted.

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.