All Topics / Help Needed! / Newbie in WA

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of Sam027Sam027
    @sam027

Hello everyone,
    My husband and I are just starting out investing in WA. Currently very nervous and excited! Just wanted to say hi, and ask for any hints and tips you can give me! Thanks![cap]

Why not??

Profile photo of suzieqsuzieq
    @suzieq

Welcome Sam027,

Just want to say that this forum is a great help and you won’t be sorry you joined it…..did you come across it yourself or did someone recommend it to you? I myself am always telling people about it.

Happy investing

sq[biggrin]

Profile photo of Sam027Sam027
    @sam027

I read the books, after getting a lucky deal I thought I should find out how to invest ‘properly’![biggrin]

Why not??

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

the word coming out from our builder is… price rises imminent (again!). land is almost unobtainable. stocks are at all time lows. no trades or materials to complete jobs. so, replacement value of Perth housing is set to continue rising strongly IMO.

my tips would be – buy something that’s a long way off the plan… let the developer bear the burdon of developing it and pick up the capital gain along the way. else look at cheap second hand stock – you can buy complete homes in areas like Huntingdale for around $200k, it would cost about that just to build a home now.

inner city is now starting to benefit from the reverse ripple so places like Vic Park and Highgate are set to benefit.

agents will be pretty unhelpful at present so you will need to approach them one by one, let them know you are serious and strike a rapport with them.

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

Profile photo of PrakmanPrakman
    @prakman

Hi Sam, welcome to the post.

Great area to concentrate would be the Rockingham area, these include Waikiki, Warnbro, Safety Bay, Secret Habour and Shoalwater. Buy as close as possible to the ocean and watch the capital growth. You wont go wrong buying there as there is the train tracks going through and the beautiful beaches in the area. Happy Hunting.

Prakman

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi Sam
    welcome to forum.
    Do a search on Perth, plenty of info that may help.

@sam027

Thanks all! Your thoughts are all very interesting…. hopefully I can stay optimistic in the face of the giant prices!

Profile photo of kenkoh2000kenkoh2000
    @kenkoh2000

HI Sam027,

1. Welcome to our property investing forum at propertyinvesting.com.

2. Have you also visited the Jan Somer’s Property Forum site at http://www.somersoft.com.au/forum.

3. What are your present investing goals and investing budget like? Whereabouts in Perth will you be looking at investing into in the near future?

4. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon, please.

5. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Profile photo of kenkoh2000kenkoh2000
    @kenkoh2000
    Originally posted by Sam027:

…. hopefully I can stay optimistic in the face of the giant prices!

Dear Sam027,

1. What do you mean here? Care to clarify further.

2. Thanks.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Profile photo of Rob_WRob_W
    @rob_w

I agree with the comments re: proximity to the beach. Southern suburbs are booming, consider the northern suburbs as well. I’ve been looking around Quinn’s Rocks, Yanchep and Brighton/Butler over the last month. My strategy basically has been to pick one area that I personally like, and get to know it as well as possible. For others, inner city is the way to go, but as it’s not a market I understand I’ve stayed away, despite the claims or a building ‘reverse ripple effect’ :)

In the current market, you do have to act decisively once you find the right house, as there’s a shortage of stock on the market.

@sam027

In answer to Kenkoh’s questions….
    Am checking out Jan’s forum now, thanks for the tip.

Our goals are aiming towards +CF properties within around 400kms drive from where we live. We are trying for IPs that are close to the beach, and another important factor to us is longevity of the town (though they often seem to go hand in hand). So we are not aiming for a certain area in Perth neccessarily, but it does encompass Perth. For the early stages, we would like to have a 20% deposit, to allow for error, though this may change depending how confident we feel!
    And as for this”…. hopefully I can stay optimistic in the face of the giant prices!”, when I was in uni a few years back, I wanted to invest in property, but couldn’t scrape together a deposit. However, I did heaps of research, and familiarised myself with the prices, only to become very frustrated at the way they have gone since! I remeber I had my eye on a canal-side block in Mandurah, it was a whopping price of $320K…lol… imagine!!
    Anyway, I hope my answers were somewhat enlightening!

Sam

If we believe the best predictor of the future is the past, we are doomed to go around in circles

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

I see Roy Weston group are forecasting next years median price to move up to $350k. makes sense given the lag effect from risiing building prices and ongoing strength in the local economy.

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

Profile photo of RikkyRikky
    @rikky

Have a chat to Dazzling he seems to know thw market really well

Monopoly, my favourite game

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.