All Topics / Help Needed! / Let’s start from the very beginning…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of bliXybliXy
    Participant
    @blixy

Hi all,

I think these forums are great! I have been working full time for 7 months now and am making a conscious effort to save a percentage of my income for long term savings. I would really like to buy property at some point. I think it will be a while before I actually buy property but I would like to invest the money have now wisely and use it as a deposit some time in the future. I currently have just over 2k in a fixed term deposit (we all have to start somewhere!) which I am thinking about buying mutual funds with. I know this is a property investing forum so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a forum like this dedicated to other forms of investing?? Or if you have any suggestions on the best place for long term savings (if it isn’t enough for a deposit yet) that would be good also! Just out of interest.. I’ve been looking at the different types of mutual fund schemes and from the historical data for perpettual, the property fund is the only one that never went into negative returns!!

Cheers,

Sarah

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Welcome Sarah,

You are off to a great start – using a MF or a term deposit is great as it keeps your savings out of reach should you see that doodad that you just have to have!

Check out http://www.invested.com.au

You can read the posts for free but to post yourself or read the articles you need to be a paid up member.

All the best

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of ShwingShwing
    Participant
    @shwing

That’s a great site Simon.

Pitty the membership is so steep.

Mal

Getting out of your comfort zone, can help you become comfortable

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.