All Topics / Help Needed! / Dodgey electrician.. what to do? :(

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs
    Originally posted by NEWGEN:

My girlfriend and I have decided that even though we’re extra tight on cash now due to the extra expenses.. we’ll be paying the electrician bill for the plumber. Accidents happen, and these guys have helped us out so much today we can’t thank them enough!

Cheers everyone, I’ll be sure to post photos once everything’s done :)

So you feel for the ole trick huh!!! Making you feel bad for wanting them to fix a job THAT YOU WERE PAYING THEM FOR!!! I am sick to death of incompetant tradies who make you feel like they are doing you a favour by fixing their stuff ups. Its a joke-they are charging proffessional wages for unproffessional incompetant buffoons most of the time. Newgen-why shouldnt you expect the highest level of proffessionalism and care when you are paying $65 an hour?? [angry2] If funny when they get so defensive for work that is obviously not up to standard-they are the ones who remind me of sooky little kids….

Profile photo of NEWGENNEWGEN
    Participant
    @newgen
    Profile photo of Scott McDonaldScott McDonald
    @scott-mcdonald

Because of your lack of planning and experiance the plumber and electrician would not have made a cent out of your job. As a dumb renorvator hope you have made your money.

Participant
    @newgen
    Originally posted by sme:

Because of your lack of planning and experiance the plumber and electrician would not have made a cent out of your job. As a dumb renorvator hope you have made your money.

Before you insult someone’s intelligence you should at least learn to spell.

And before you hop on your high horse next time, read the thread. I consulted with them before having the work carried out and noone thought the tiling was an issue. Please go back into whatever cave you crawled out of.

Participant
    @newgen

User Name: sme
    AUS
    Marital Status: married
    Total Posts: 5

[jerry]

Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs

[lmao] See like I said-they stuff up and blame everyone else but themselves!!! Im over second rate tradies, they should only be paid $15 an hour for the level of service and expertise they provide. And Im also sick of everyone just accepting their unprofessionalism and saying ‘ahhh well thats just they way they are’…bull <edited>e-I am paying them professional wages and expect professional service. Cant wait for the buildoing industry to slow down and all these shonks fall by the wayside[thumbsupanim]

Profile photo of lyndon_glyndon_g
    @lyndon_g
    Originally posted by sme:

Looks like someone has been caught out many times doing sh@#ty work!

:D

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Your kitchen looks really good, Newgen.
    Most important thing is that the end result is great.
    [thumbsupanim]

Don’t worry about negative people who haven’t even read the whole thread.

Celivia

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi Guys

I cannot believe whats going on here.

Firstly, I also will get work done with out a quote. my last project I just called in the plumber and gave him a list of things to do, mind you as we went I changed my mind and did more than I originally planned (I am female) at the end of the job he wrote up the bill and commented that if he had quoted the job it would have been $1800.00 (if that was his quote he would not have done the job, I had budgeted $1200 – 4 days at $300.00) but when he did his calculations on actual time spent and material it was $1036.00
    so I said see you on the next job but DON’T quote me[biggrin]

Any way getting past the cost, as for mess and due care, I am a senior bookeeper by trade and have dealt with the courts on many occassions for debt collecting for various industries.

Firstly, judges are not stupid they will take into account that a trademans has a responsibiliy to exercise due care. and I must say my plumber cleaned up his mess to an extent and placed down a canvas drop cloth (which he had with hin) on the wooden floor that was already there b4 he smashed into the wall to move around my plumbing, he also put down a piece of plastic on the carpet outside the bathroom, he also installed a new toilet on the new tiles without fowling up the tiles/grout. (white grout at that)

So donot say that tradesman cannot minimise the mess he makes.

and I hope the electrician is not in Perth, I would not use him either.
    bad work ethic.[thumbsdownanim

Further to this, my husband owns an airconditioning company and he insists his trademan clean up after installations / services / repairs to the extent all cars have a vacumn clean and a dust buster. His tradesman even take all the packaging etc with them. This could be why he gets lots of call backs and recommendations from [exhappy][exhappy][exhappy] happy clients.

Celeste

Profile photo of flashflash
    @flash

Just be very careful when you pay by the man hour for tradesman.
    Make sure you have an estimate from him when he will be finished.
    Your job could be dragged out depending on how busy they are.

I’d rather get at least 3 quotes unless he had done work from me before

Secondly,Make sure they are all licenced,although there are still no gareentees on workmanship at least you can go to the BSA.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.