All Topics / Value Adding / Capricorn

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 110 total)
  • Profile photo of nedkellynedkelly
    @nedkelly

Btw, for anyone interested in that release at Ridgewood (brighton) – I heard people camped out from Wednesday night – with the first 5 buyers, taking 2 blocks each!!! Apparently there was quite a bit of arguing going on as the next release isn’t until February so the stock in that area is getting quite limited!

Having my PPR and an IP in Brighton I followed the latest release with interest. Personally I thought the blocks which are behind Merriwa were over priced ($118k for cottage blocks upto $150k for larger blocks). However how wrong could I be. They had sold out by Saturday lunch time!!!. Considering a lot of the infrastructure is still being built (shopping centre, road to beach, train station (2008)) I am amazed by the growth in block prices. By my estimation the cottage block I purchased in the Seahaven area of Brighton for $100k 4 months ago is now worth about $135-140k. Not bad capital gain!!!!

ned kelly

Profile photo of waynel2waynel2
    @waynel2

yeah, the demand up there is pretty crazy at the mo!

I was speaking some builders up that way, and most of them are struggling to find stock (land) for their clients…not a bad situation to be in!

Wayne Leech

*Below are links to my websites – any feedback, comments would be appreciated:)
    http://www.holidayhomeswa.com.au – Holiday Homes in Western Australia
    http://www.wheretostaywa.com.au – Accommodation in Western Australia
    http://www.homesearcher.com.au – List your property for FREE

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

you would think it would be a good situation to be in but when you are on the other side of the fence you soon see that it really isn’t. We have clients ready to go for house and land packages that we just can’t help as where can you now find affordable land that has any hope of a title being issued anytime soon? builders certainly won’t hold their construction price for you whilst you wait 6 months for a title to issue.

and to think we were getting decent blocks in Meadow Springs for around $100k only 8 or so months ago!

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

Profile photo of Rob_WRob_W
    @rob_w

I did consider buying one of those Brighton blocks, I was advised by a few people that I might have to camp out. Interesting given the price is really not that cheap IMHO. It wasn’t a spectacular release, as the blocks weren’t particularly close to anything of interest.

There’s still quite a bit of land available in Quinns Rocks, but none of it is very cheap. I think I’d still pay $210,000 to be closer to the beach as opposed to paying $140,000 to be close to nothing much in Butler.

I was very tempted by the Ocean Lagoon blocks in Yanchep – this price of the one I was looking at was $230,000 or so, with decent ocean views if you built a two storey.

Things do seem to be very active in the northern beachside suburbs at present.

Profile photo of angiepangiep
    Participant
    @angiep

Hi All
    We also recently also purchased a block in the Capricorn estate. We are trying to establish when natural gas is due to arrive in the area.

We spoke to the Wanneroo shire who in return told us to contact Alinta Gas to obtain this information.

Alinta Gas can not find any plans or requests for natural gas in this area. Interested to know if anybody else might have any information regarding this.

Regards,
    PC

Participant
    @ausprop

The sales guy (Rod) was telling me that it will be on by the time the blocks are ready for settlement. I don’t think anyone would be too impressed if it weren’t connected by the time the houses were built anyway.

Participant
    @ausprop

was hunting around for land for our house and land packages today… seems the days of land in Perth for around the $130k mark are now just memories. The Meadow Springs average price now is $140k but they are all gone anyway. Seascapes has a release very soon but it will be a rush and titles are months and months away. Not sure on the Wellard prices but they are possibly a good buy if you feel like camping out for the reward.

Participant
    @angiep

Thanks for your quick reply

We were told that the titles for Stage one should be ready around January / February 2006.

But it seems that no application for gas to the area has been implemented.
    Regards,
    PC

Participant
    @ausprop

well I have to admit I was only half listening as it seemed obvious to me that for an estate of this size and quality that they couldnt expect you to run off gas bottles. Maybe he said it would be on by the time the houses are finished… perhaps drop him a line and clarify it. He definitely made a represntation to me regarding this.

Participant
    @angiep

Thanks

Good idea. I will contact Rod for more information.

PC

Participant
    @ausprop

I see Watson Property Group are selling land in Two Rocks (stage 1) which is east of Two Rocks Road with prices starting from $170k I think it was.

Profile photo of meilin08meilin08
    @meilin08

Yeah I saw that release in Two Rocks.

It’s called The Reef – http://www.thereef.net.au

Blocks from $169,000—- looks like we all got a good deal at Capricorn [biggrin]

Mei

Profile photo of suzieqsuzieq
    @suzieq

Hi all you lucky Lindsay Beach people….

I registered for “The Reef” a few months ago and received the Stage 2 price list a couple of days ago….can’t get the smile off my face. Same size block as the one we bought in Lindsay Beach -$199,000. Come on Yanchep!!!!!!

sq

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Geeze, I’ve been away for the last 10 days and missed all the excitement over this post.

Good to see so many ppl got in.

I took some pics too, but all I got was a big sandpit, with dozers and water trucks going round and around.
    Ausprop, how did you manage to stand on your block ( and how could you identify it ??)

Maybe I was looking at the wrong sandpit…….

kp

Profile photo of Rob_WRob_W
    @rob_w

Report in the Wanneroo Times about ‘The Reef’ today, including a pretty cool aerial photo. According to the article there’s the photos on the website under photos: the_reef_aerial2.jpg.

Profile photo of NewoneNewone
    @newone

Hi guys,
    This is one of my first times on here so hope i go ok!
    Does that mean the developer is stopping you reselling before the settlement date? How do they do that? Is that on the O&A as a condition?
    We’ve done a few flips and it has worked well…

Profile photo of suzieqsuzieq
    @suzieq

Hi Newone and welcome,

I assume you are meaning the Capricorn development with regard to flipping. There is a clause in their “Special Conditions” which states that you must settle on the land or they have the right of re-purchase. I have noticed in some of the other land releases around the place that they don’t go to that extent to cover themselves, so that leaves it open for us to flip

sq[biggrin]

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

In fact it goes beyond that.
    You also have to commence construction within 48 months, and cannot resell the vacant block.
    Also the planned dwelling has to be vetted by the developer before it is submitted to the council for approval.

So the conditions are pretty onerous, to ensure that the blocks are not held as vacant land for too long, and the standard of construction has to be up to a certain spec. before it is approved.

kp

Profile photo of NewoneNewone
    @newone

Thanks for that guys.
    I guess it comes down to reading all the details before signing an o&a!

See you in Melbourne!

Profile photo of meilin08meilin08
    @meilin08

Hey guys,

That aerial photo of The Reef is pretty cool.

Looks like prices for stage one have gone up already – now it says on their website – blocks from $174,000. A couple of weeks back it said from $169,000.

Mei

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.