Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

A few people I know have started to aquire art portfolio’s with their spare cash, instead of putting it in super or property or shares.
    I think they are with a company called artequity.
    They buy pieces of art and then have them rented out for a return of between 7.5-9%.
    I’m pretty sure this income is guaranteed.(But then I always think that a guarantee is as strong as the company that offers it!)

The capital appreciation of the artworks is not guaranteed.

I’m just bringing this up out of interest, curious about your general view.
    For me it wouldn’t be a valuable investment, since I’d have to get the capital I want to invest from our LOC, so the income from this investment (say 7.5% in the worst case) will just about cover my interest payments.
    But for a person with spare cash in the bank or term deposit, it might be worth it.
    (You can start with an as low as a $12,000 portfolio I think.)

I was just wondering if any of you know more about it as the interest of people to invest in art seems to be growing atm. There was an article about investment in art in the SMH last week as well, stating that it is a growing thing.

Any people here who have an opinion about investing in art?

Celivia

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Just goes to show, if you put enough effort into it, you could make money ANYWHERE!

The trick is to stay focused and not jump from one thing to another.

On that note…….back to property[biggrin]

xx

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of munjymunjy
    @munjy

To be totally fair, I’m not artistic nor appreciative of art in a gallery.

I don’t think art is a solid form of investing, despite the numbers put forth by some. It’s true that you can make money from art, but I feel that there is too much luck involved for it to be called investing. I heard on the radio the other day that Blue Lines by Picasso was bought for just over a mill in the late 70s and now is worth over 12mill. But how exactly does one evaluate that????

I wonder if the “assets” held by public art galleries, and museums are put into the budget surplus at the end of the year?!?!?!

Munjy

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

IMHO could be worthwhile..

Interesting ways of doing it with SMSF also..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.