All Topics / General Property / Building New Home?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Dear All,

I am in the process of building a new home, but need some guidance.

Please provide some tips of how to minimum the cost of building. Should items such as capets, tiles, blinds, curtains, landscapings, remote control fence, ducted air con … etc install using the same company that building it. I know it will be easier to manage, but it might cost much more.

Is there a better way. I think by install it separately it might look not as good.

Please help, thank you.

Kind Regards

JetDollars
    “The road of some-day lead to the town of nowhere”

Profile photo of RegrowRegrow
    @regrow

JetDollars

If you get the building company to install these items you will pay more for them, though it is less to worry about. You could also try to source these items yourself (the cheaper option) and arrange tradesmen to install but might have trouble finding tradies that have the time or even turn up to install items. ie after numerous phone calls and 4 weeks I finally recieved a written quote to install a fence! [:(!] Now have to wait another 3 weeks for them to install it.

Regards

Regrow

You are a fool for 5 seconds if you ask a question, but a fool for life if you don’t.

Profile photo of roborobo
    @robo

Hi Jet,
    We are building our 4th POR the moment and found even though you pay extra some things are better in the contract to make easier and for warrantys. We included ducted air although i got a quote myself and it went in at that price and the builder gets a kick back from air con people, and best put in during construction, Floor boards we included and carpet, builders price was same as other floor mobs and timber floors need to go in before completion. I included concreting driveways, patio and paths as it is hard to get someone to do when you need them done to move in and tiling as well. Any extra electrical we pay electrician ouselves. I wouldn’t include window coverings, fences or landscaping they can all be organized while the house is being built. Include rendering or bagging and painting if you are doing it, my brother is a renderer and it is a messy and time consuming job to do after the home is handed over to you. We try to have all major things in contract so as you can move in as soon as possible, less interest paid. Some project builders can be competitive with things because they buy in bulk from the same suppliers.
    Hope this helps
    Robo

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Thanks Regrow & Robo.

Building a house is time consuming, sometimes I feel like just buy a new house with everything in it and move in.

I will have to go through my sheet item by item and different quote then comparing to the builder quote.

I try to get the big things out of the way first.

Thanks

Kind Regards

JetDollars

Profile photo of RegrowRegrow
    @regrow

Hi JetDollars

Here are some costs I got from builder and the price I got them done for:

Landscaping $3,810.00 Builder $2,050.00 Myself
    Carpet $6,000.00 Builder $2,500.00 Myself
    Tiling $8,539.00 Builder $4,042.50 Myself
    Blinds $1,351.00 Builder $1,260.00 Myself
    A/C $4,800.00 Builder $3,400.00 Myself

Although some were pretty much the same price I still beleive it was worth a few phone calls to save on costs on the others, some of which the savings were used to buy other items which my budget wouldnt allow ie Bore, Garden shed etc.

Regards

Regrow

You are a fool for 5 seconds if you ask a question, but a fool for life if you don’t.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

I am building a project home WESTMINISTER in Hunters Hill Sydney. I saved $250,000.00 than using a designer builder but, I am tricking it up with Marble bathrooms, vitrified floors, granite kitchen etc etc.

U can save heaps but my advise is spend big in the bathrooms and kitchen areas, that what sells at the end of the day IMHO.

resiwealth

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Thank You for your helps and tips.

I spoke to my dad’s friend who is a builder. He told quite a details of way to cut cost, but I am quite lazy so must do the easy way.

Too many things to consider, getting headache now.

Kind Regards

JetDollars

Profile photo of townplanner0townplanner0
    Participant
    @townplanner0

If  someone  still looking for a New House Builders or Town Planners in Brisbane you need in future, I can recommend one fo the top site in Brisbane. Before building a new house, you must know about the development process. It typically has five main steps, and each step may or may not be applicable to your project. Site due diligence, feasibility and Development assessment and development BCC approvals are the major steps. Brisbane Town Planner are one of the top site in your area. You can contact them anytime now or in future. You can also recommend to someone if someone is looking for similar services. The exact cost of development approvals Brisbane depends on the type of development. They offer free preliminary advice to gauge the complexity of the project and site specific characteristics. From there they will provide you with detailed costings tailored to your needs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.