All Topics / Forum Frolic / An oldie but worth repeating..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Curtain rods ,
    (don’t get mad , Get Even !)

She spent the first day packing her belongings into boxes, crates and suitcases.

On the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things.

On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining room table by candlelight, put on some soft background music, and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar, and a bottle of Chardonnay.

When she had finished, she went into each and every room and deposited a few half-eaten shrimp shells dipped in caviar, into the hollow of
    the curtain rods. She then cleaned up the kitchen and left.

When the husband returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days. Then slowly, the house began to smell. They tried
    everything, cleaning, mopping, and airing the place out. Vents were checked for dead rodents, and carpets were steam cleaned. Air fresheners were hung everywhere. Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters, during which they had to move out for a few days, and in the end they even paid to replace the expensive wool
    carpeting.

Nothing worked. People stopped coming over to visit. Repairmen refused to work in the house. The maid quit.
    Finally, they could not take the stench any longer and decided to move.

A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they could not find a buyer for their stinky house. Word got out, and eventually, even the local realtors refused to return their calls.
    Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place.

The ex-wife called the man, and asked how things were going. He told her the saga of the rotting house. She listened politely, and said that she missed her old home terribly, and would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting the house back.

Knowing his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on price that was about 1/10th of what the house had been worth, but
    only if she were to sign the papers that very day. She agreed, and within the hour his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

A week later the man and his girlfriend stood smiling as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home, including the curtain rods.

I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING, DON’T YOU????

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Good one, Redwing.
    This sound like a true win/win to me, hehe! [biggrin]

Celivia

Participant
    @celivia

ANd it reminds me of some things I heard once on one of the early morning programs, Sunrise I believe.

They got people to email or call in to let everybody know what kind of things they did to get back at their partner after or during an argument.
    A couple I remember:
    * She sold his very special (and expensive) car on eBay for $1.
    * She tore out the last few pages of the book he was reading so he never got to know the ending.
    * She sowed alfalfa seeds over the carpet and sprayed it with water before she left.
    Funnyyyy

Celivia

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I was going to post some true stories I know of Celivia..then thought hmmmm might give people ideas..

;o)

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Participant
    @celivia

Oh com’ on Redwing, tell us!
    I love those stories.
    I promise to be good, really!

Celivia

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

This is old! Can’t even remember how long ago I first saw it… but I’ve got to agree, worth repeating [evilgrin]

I also agree with Celivia, com’on Redwing, don’t tease spill the goods and tell us. Nobody here at PI.com would ever use such methods of revenge [whistle]

Sonja

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi redwing,

Reminds me of a similar and true story.

I have a couple of mates who have enjoyed playing very elaborate jokes on each other, often involving very complex arrangements for nearly 20 years.

A recent Christmas saw the two families spend time with each other in the Bussleton area at a rather large caravan park. Time passed and a good time was had by all.

A few days after one of the parties had left to return home the other noticed a strange smell developing in the family car.

Being a family with some children they figured that a dirty nappy had been accidently left behind and despite a thorough search of the inside of the car nothing sinister was located and the smell was diagnosed as a mystery and figured the smell must have been coming from somewhere else.

Still the smell lingered so the ‘problem’ was diagnosed as being car related so the car was fully unpacked, seats removed, the insides thoroughly cleaned out and still nothing was found. The smell remained.

A day or so later – the smell still hanging around – a swarm of blowflies was noticed hanging around under the car. Upon investigation a bundle of fish heads and guts was found tied up, inside a plastic bag sitting on the chassis.

Now the ‘victim’ here was a little peeved and later that evening fronted some campers in a neighbouring site (who they had befriended) and asked if they, or their teenage sons, were responsible. Obviously the answer was no.

Still the mystery remained ‘who was responsible?’ – the caravan park managers were asked if they were able to shed any light on the matter, as were other campers in the immediate vicinity and so on.

Nonetheless the end of the holiday arrived and the ‘victim’ left to return for home. None the wiser as to the identity of the party who had placed the present on the car chassis.

Time passed and the mates met at a work conference and chetted about life in general and eventually discussion turned to the recent holiday.

The ‘victim’ proceeded to explain how some low life had wired fish offal to his chassis, creating a monumental stink which made the car decidedly unpleasant to use, and how despite his best efforts he wasn’t able to ascertain who did this dastardly deed.

Towards the end of this retell, and after great difficulty, the ‘joker’ finally broke down in laughter and explained that he had in fact planted the fish prior to his departure. The fish offal had been frozen so that its presence was would not be noted until the ‘joker’ was well out of the picture.

The initial ‘reversed’ joke is another story that relates to real estate in Dampier in the late 80’s, that involved a primed REA, a company director, a town full of workers who thought they were onto a financial windfall, a school staff who thought they had hit the RE jackpot and a couple of mates.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.