All Topics / Heads Up! / th investors club

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of simpst04simpst04
    @simpst04

has anybody heard of, or had dealings with the investors club?
    it seems to me like they have the right idea of positively geared property, but i dont really like the idea of them purchasing properties off the plan.
    does anyone know if this group has some sort of vested interest, because their website says that the services they provide are free, so what do they get out of it?
    some advice would be apppreciated because my dad seems determined to get in with them, but to me it sounds very speculative.[angry2]
    thanks everyone, and happy foraging.[buz2]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Why don’t you use the search function and see what you can find – there has been plenty of dicussion about them in the past.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

Yes heaps of discussion – they are a real estate/marketing company. Are you sure about the +CF tho? I thought they promoted -CF. mainly because getting someone to pay a hefty sales commission on a +CF property would be nearly impossible… they sell themselves.

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

Profile photo of kenkoh2000kenkoh2000
    @kenkoh2000
    Originally posted by simpst04:

has anybody heard of, or had dealings with the investors club?
    it seems to me like they have the right idea of positively geared property, but i dont really like the idea of them purchasing properties off the plan.
    does anyone know if this group has some sort of vested interest, because their website says that the services they provide are free, so what do they get out of it?
    some advice would be apppreciated because my dad seems determined to get in with them, but to me it sounds very speculative.[angry2]
    thanks everyone, and happy foraging.[buz2]

Dear Simpst04,

1. I’m presently one of their club members in Perth. However, I have yet to purchase a property through the investors’ club myself, as I am trying to understand its operations myself and how they do their research and put forward their recommendations regarding the recommended properties and their sale pricings.

2. Neil Jenman has criticised the Investors’ Club and its founder, Kevin Young, recently, over some negative reports of ALLEGED “over-pricing” over a property purchase made by a club member. You may want to visit his website at http://www.jenman.com.au.

http://www.jenman.com.au/NewsArticles1.php?id=151
    http://www.jenman.com.au/NewsQuestions1.php?id=191

3. Apparently, I suspect that there was no complaint to ASIC to date by this unhappy club member over the same incident, though. This was despite the a/m strong exchange of words via emails between Mr Neil Jenman and Mr Kevin Young over the issue.

4. “Off-the-Plan” property purchases? No, I have not been exposed to such recommendedation in Perth at all.

5. For your kind update, please.

6. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Profile photo of simpst04simpst04
    @simpst04

thanks people.

where is this search facility? on PI.com, or do you mean google? because i have looked a bit and havent found it yet.

thanks again.[trigger]

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

These people are OK if you are a high income earner, as the properties they find a positive geared or neutrally geared after factoring in your income and depreciation allowances from the property.

Like a Margaret Lomas type of investing.

If you are a full time investor and want stand alone positive geared properties, then these clubs are not for you.

You need to decide if their style of investing fit’s in with your own plans and style. It dosent fit in with mine!

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

You can ring them up and talk to them too, can also ring up margaret lomas’ company “destiny”, they sit down and will do a consultation with you, the first one used to be free, dont know if it still is.

Like I said, they are a missfit with my investing goals, but they may be ok for you!

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of cheesy_2cheesy_2
    Participant
    @cheesy_2

I bought my first property through the Investors Club. (The following thoughts are mine alone and please don’t think I am any expert because I am clearly not. This is just my experience)

If I didn’t have their help I would have still been procrastinating and sitting around wondering if I will ever get into investing. They are great if you don’t know what you are doing and my support member was fantastic and is still extremely helpful to this day. A few important things you must consider first.

1. Don’t just go for the first property they offer you. Do your homework and if you are patient every now and then a good deal pops up.

2. I have heard not to buy any property/apartment that has an elevator. Look at the Body Corp fees and take this into consideration. Also land appreciates alot faster than buildings and I just can’t see how you would make money out of an apartment. (I went with a townhouse myself)

3. All the properties are negative geared. In a few years they may turn positive due to rent rises but at the start they are negative. Your support member can show you how to minimise the cost.

4. It is NOT A CLUB. They are a business which makes money. But if it didn’t make money then it wouldn’t be around. At least with the Investors Club they are there to help you, and guide you. But they do make money from every property they sell. They make their money from the commission of the sale of the property. Do your homework and ask lots of questions and seek independant advice if you are still not sure. I had no problems whatsoever and my support member was honest and told me everything upfront.

As I said before, if you really want to invest and have no clue what to do (like myself) then the Investors Club was a great resource and helpful every step of the way. I have had no problems with them and am extremely happy with my purchase. Just do your homework.

As I said before I am extremely new at investing, but without the Investors Club, I still would have been sitting around at home, looking at properties in the paper and being too scared to do anything about puchasing any. You can always PM me if you want to know more about my experience with them.

Good Luck

Cheesy

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi all
    a little bit of warning.
    there are lots of different investors clubs and I have been to many (I haven’t joined any but deal with a few)
    check out not only the club but whats behind the club.
    how are they funded.
    what are you paying for.
    what are you getting for your $$$
    there are alot that are better then others but they are basically learning groups and the costs are very different.
    some are posi, some neg.
    Make sure that the club you join know what they are talking about and are not just selling home loans ( which one Ive been to is)
    this is a general warning and not specific to the investor club as I haven’t been to one of there meetings but investment clubs in general.

here to help

Profile photo of kenkoh2000kenkoh2000
    @kenkoh2000
    Originally posted by cheesy:

4. It is NOT A CLUB. They are a business which makes money. But if it didn’t make money then it wouldn’t be around. At least with the Investors Club they are there to help you, and guide you. But they do make money from every property they sell. They make their money from the commission of the sale of the property. Do your homework and ask lots of questions and seek independant advice if you are still not sure. I had no problems whatsoever and my support member was honest and told me everything upfront.

Cheesy

Dear Cheesy,

1. Does your support member project himself/herself as the average working Australians with full tim eemployment and where property investing is a secondary activity or do they openly tell you that they are being employed by the Investor Club and Kevin Young as an employee?

2. I’m curious to know how the Investors Club actually operated itself as I am still trying to learn from them.

3. To a certain extent, I can agree with you that the Investor Club is, in essence, really a some sort of real estate marketing business outfit. However, it does not want to protray itself as such.

4. It seems to me that the Investors Club is trying to project itself as a non-profit organisations where experienced property investors are always there to help the new investors to SAFELY invest profitably over time.

5. Do you share the same kind of feelings that I get, as one of its club members.

6. Looking forward to hearing and learning from you soon.

7. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.