All Topics / Value Adding / Sub Division – Help…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of carly.mattcarly.matt
    Participant
    @carly.matt

Hi All,

I am wondering if I can have some input on a few deals I have been considering. I have been looking a some old houses on big blocks of land for sale – perfect for sub division. The price of the property is pretty much less than that of the land anyway.

If I was to buy this property, what costs are involved in knocking down the existing house, subdividing the land and building 2-3 courtyard homes on the land?

I would be looking at selling all 2-3 courtyard homes once they are built and hope to make a handsome profit.

I would love to hear any advice, or experiences anyone has had in situations like this.

Cheers,

Matt.

Profile photo of mistymisty
    @misty

It depends where you are (state) and if you are going to Torrens title or community title.

In SA Torrens 1 into 2 is about 18000 and community about 15000. In both cases add 7K per extra block.

Approx costs only – make sure you also do your won research, ie ring council

Profile photo of carly.mattcarly.matt
    Participant
    @carly.matt

In SA.

Ok, will do thanks. Forgive my ignorance (I am new to all this), but what is the difference in the titles?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.