All Topics / Opinionated! / what is your opinion of truth

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi all
    interested in what your opinion of truth.
    and is it 100% truth or 80% and you hold back the last 20% of truth not lie but not the whole truth.
    lets see who answers this post

here to help

Profile photo of jhopperjhopper
    @jhopper

Hi GR,

The way I see it, truth is extremely subjective. One persons truth may be anothers lie depending on their understanding, point of view, political or religious standpoint etc.

Peronsally, truth is what you yourself believes as long as you are willing to understand the perspective of others.

In terms of telling the truth, every circumstance is different. I try not to blatantly lie, but may hold back on some of the truth if it is to my best advantage and dosn’t hurt others in the process.

But then again, am I telling the truth?

Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

I have met agents who will look you in the eye and tell you blatant lies and expect you to believe it. There are lies , lies and ‘Damn Lies’!!

As one of steves tips goes……you can sell your integrity but never buy it.

Some things are more important than money.

Shawn

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

they let you modified truths

here to help

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi grossrealisation,
    In the words of ‘Charles Pierce’, pertaining to truth;

“There are real things,
    whose characters are entirely independent
    of our opinions about them”.

“Sometimes the hardest thing to do in life is often the best thing to do.”

Profile photo of The Wild OneThe Wild One
    @the-wild-one

Hi,
    I always tell the truth, it’s easier to remember. But I do hold back on the amount of truth I diclose, I don’t want everybody know everything about me and my bussiness.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I like to use a truth bond myself, where someone may fabricate the truth for me until I decide to add 10% of truth to the fabricated.

I enjoy using other people’s truth to get to my desired truth and have been using my self derived truth formula in accordance with the truth bonds to fabricate many stories thusfar, and I plan to retire from telling any truth within the next 5 or 10 year.

Well that is my truth and my 10% keeps getting smaller as we speak, and if you’d like to know my method of truth fabrication please buy my book ‘Truth Fabrication From an Expert’ and I also suggest ‘Highway of Truth’, the rest you may reed at your own leisure but these two must be read immediately to accelerate your journey into successful truth fabrication.

When I’m not busy truth fabricating, I’m lie fabricating. This is a new concept I have been working on and must say has benfits in its own right. I will have more information on this topic in the near future and can’t wait to tell you all about it in my new and upcoming book ‘Lie Survivors’.

Cheers,
    Jacob.

‘Stay Happy and you’ll be Perfectly Fine’ – Jack

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Interesting topic, gross.
    Jacob, you seem to know a lot about the matter! I’ll keep an eye out for one of these books, sounds like a joy-read.

I agree that the truth is very subjective.
    Inside every person, there is a constant rivalry of truth and lies,( of good and bad). These are two sides of a coin.

For most people, the truth means the truth that suits them best.
    Truth is relative in that it relates to a certain context and certain circumstances.

In everybody’s thinking there is a kernel of truth.

But having said that, there exists also a ‘general’ truth. These are truths spoken by groups of people, e.g. religions or cultures(; even times can change the truth).
    These have one accepted general truth.
    Still, general truths remain subjective truths as well (if it wasn’t, religions wouldn’t be killing each other).

Because I think it is true that the truth is subjective and relative, I think that nobody can be 100% right. Whatever I think is the truth at this given moment doesn’t necessarily mean it is the truth. But then again, I might be wrong, hehe.
    That’s why everything everybody ever says is always subject to conflicts, debates and contradictions.

The truth can be misleading. Something that seems to be true can turn out to be not true.

I think that there are just too many criteria as to what truth is, to be able to decide upon one truth.

The only exception is truth based on facts- scientific truths.

The truth has to be logical, the truth cannot be contradictory, and truth is compatible with other truths.

I think the question of What is True is very much a rhetorical question.

My answer, therefore, is: Dunno! [whistle]

Celivia

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Truth is non negotiable and the only time I would consider deviating is to spare someones feelings where it does noone no harm….Does this make my bum look big?

Once you start being flexible with matters of integrity you are on a path that leads to your reputation and character being questioned. What others think of you is important.

What you think of yourself is more so.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

@gatsby

Uhmm,…Polygraph?
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

Participant
    @celivia
    Originally posted by Gatsby:

Uhmm,…Polygraph?
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

Funny you mention that, Gatsby.
    I was thinking about how a polygraph doesn’t really register if something IS or is NOT true, it only registers whether the ‘suspect’ believes whatever he says is the truth.
    But that’s all they wanna get out of them, I suppose! [biggrin]

Celivia

Profile photo of ShaunWShaunW
    @shaunw

“What is truth?” – a good question – as unanswerable as “What is Quality?”

in my opinion there are as many truths as there are thinking humans. And even within an individual human there are a multitude of truths – and they are in no way consistant with each other.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

“The real state of things; fact; reality; an accepted statement or proposition.” Some suggest that there is no true reality, only perceptions and opinions, while others argue that there must be some absolute basis. This being said, we can say that there are two diametrically-opposed beliefs related to absolute truth:

Either…

1. There are no absolutes that define reality. Everything is relative, and thus there is no actual reality. There is ultimately no authority for deciding if an action is positive or negative; right or wrong.

Or..

2. There are absolute realities, or standards, that define what is real and what is not. Thus, actions can be deemed right or wrong based upon how they measure up against absolute standards.

Or as I see it “Truth is -a fact that can be verified”? (or is that too simplistic?)

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

@gatsby

Celivia,
    Can you give me your word on that?
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of PeteJackiePeteJackie
    Participant
    @petejackie

As Mulder & Scully of X Files fame would say

“The truth is out there”

Participant
    @celivia

Hehe Gatsby, you have my word that I do not know what truth is.

I heard a riddle a longish time ago about two persons- one was ALWAYS telling the truth and the other one was ALWAYS lying.

You had to find out which one was the liar by asking them one question each. I vaguely remember it was the exact same question, but not sure about that.

One, of course, would lie about the answer and the other would tell the truth.

There was a way of finding out by just asking this question who the liar was.
    Does anyone remember this riddle properly?

Celivia

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

You are walking down a road and you encounter a fork in the
    road and you do not know the correct way to go.
    There are two men standing at the junction and both
    know the correct road. One man always lies, and the
    other man always tells the truth, but you do not know
    who is the liar and who is the one who tells the truth.
    You can only ask each man one question, but it must
    be the same question for both. What is the question that
    would allow you to get the information necessary to
    choose the correct path?

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Participant
    @celivia

I should have known that you knew that riddle, Simon; it is exactly the riddle I couldn’t remember.
    I think I know the answer, so I won’t answer it yet to give someone else a chance. [eh]

Celivia

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

You only need to ask one question and the question is: which path would the other man tell me to go down? and then you go down the opposite path that he tells you.

C2

Rich in happiness and money is better than rich in money with no happiness.

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi all
    now I know why Mortgage Hunter understands my posts as he likes riddles.

here to help

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.