Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi NZ investors,

So many people (ignorant) dump on invercargill I thought some facts might help. Todays Southland times tells the real story of whats going on down here. Come and have a look at the bond row industrial area. New sheds up every week. The place is abuzz with activity.

Invercargill has long been the butt of many a joke, But as Paul Gorman finds out the region of Southland is now leading the way in the South Islands economy. Southland is indeed sizzling.

In the National Bank regional economic survey for August, Southland’s performance eclipsed the rest of New Zealand, recording a 2.2 per cent rise in economic activity, one of only three regions to experience a lift.

While national dwelling approvals fell by 11% during the quarter, Southland rose by 36%.

The medium number of days to sell a house in the region fell to 21 Days, the fastest in the country, compared with the national average of 29 days.

Retails sales were up 2.3% (nationally up 1.5%)

Get this guys!!!

Employment rose 7 times the national average. Yes 7 times.

and finally

Earlier this year, a business and Economic Research ltd study found that Invercargills success was now outrunning that of the rest of the region

If anyone is interested when I get my new scanner up and running I can forward a full copy of the articles.

Cheers

[email protected]
    NZ Investors & Property Spotters
    Renovations & Project Management
    Email now to receive info on the lastest deals!

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of DannyboyDannyboy
    Participant
    @dannyboy

Hi don and liz,

Thanks for that post, I wouldn’t mind a copy of the articles as I am headed to the south island next month and will stop by invercargill for a look. Mabye we could meet up for a chat if that’s not too much hassel?

my e-mail is [email protected]

regards

Daniel

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

No probs. Will Do!!

[email protected]
    NZ Investors & Property Spotters
    Renovations & Project Management
    Email now to receive info on the lastest deals!

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of Kiwi-FullaKiwi-Fulla
    @kiwi-fulla

Hey Don & Liz,

What can you do…. If people keep bagging the place … theat means the more for us!
    :o)
    Cheers,
    Kiwi.[baaa]

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

rotorua continues to grow as well, bought a place there 3 months ago for 96k sold it 2 weeks ago for 118k, and i only spent 2k on reno’s!
    rotorua has a lack of quality and cheap housing at the moment which is pushing house prices up very nicely! [suave2]

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.