All Topics / Creative Investing / who’s your mentor

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi all
    bredan kelly very hard investor (in what)
    brent admin manager(in what)
    reinerhanel and he’s doing well mentor coach (of what)
    larry, curly and mo is a very funny story and I wouldn’t infer any of the above.

here to help

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

this is driving me crazy, it’s all too confusing!!!!

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Easy peasy Dr X
    Just ignore it…
    Or call gross and talk to him direct.
    Your curiosity will then be satisfied.

kp

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

If there was a list u would be on the bottom GR … u r the most uninspiring and confusing poster i have read … but hey in your mind things must be wonderful [upsidedown]

Profile photo of munjymunjy
    @munjy

I know when on occasion I re-read my own posts, they don’t make sense, usually due to grammatical errors. But GR’s posts are plain cryptic. Having never met GR, I always imagine him to have a heavy accent… but he’s an avid, colourful poster

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi munjy
    I try you can’t be to bland. you need to read a couple of times before thing sink

here to help

@wealth4life.com

With out being rude to you GR …

Edited ***it was rude***

Resi

@grossrealisation

hi resiwealth
    no problem there are 2 billion people on this planet and every body has an opinion.
    we are lucky that we live in this part of it that we can all voice ours.

here to help

Profile photo of kenkoh2000kenkoh2000
    @kenkoh2000

Dear All,

1. I consider the following people as my defacto “mentors” for property investing in the Australian residential estate
    (though they may not neccessarily agree that I am their mentee):

a. Jan Somers.
    b. John FritzGerald.
    c. Rory O Rourke
    d. Olly Newman

2. Other people whom I look up to and enjoy learning from include the following:

a. Michael Yardney
    b. Bill Zheng
    c. Steve Navra
    d. The Reno Kings
    e. Margaret Lomas
    f. Steve McKnight
    g. Kieran Trass
    h. Scott McGeever

as well as members from the Jan Somers Forum who are also members in this Forum, though.

For your kind update, please.

Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Profile photo of MooreyMoorey
    @moorey

Thanks a lot GR. I just wasted 5+ mins of my life that I cant get back trying to understand your posts. Are you trying to be mysterious or do you really write like that?

@grossrealisation

hi Moorey
    a bit of both.
    nothing is gained for free

here to help

Profile photo of ShwingShwing
    Participant
    @shwing

Gross,

Looks like to some members you are their mentor, their TorMentor. [argue]

Mal

Getting out of your comfort zone, can help you become comfortable

@grossrealisation

hi all
    I ain’t no mentor ( as I don’t have one so there not alot to gauge against maybe a mentor can mentor me and then I would be able cross reference).
    I am alittle like kenkoh2000 as I have defacto mentors as I follow there ideas unfortunately most wouldn’t like there names on bulliten boards.
    so TorMentor maybe

here to help

@wealth4life.com

So shwing (ha ha ha ha)[blink]how much money will u invest in his projects as a business partner, like nothing!!??

resi

@grossrealisation

hi all
    just to clarify
    I don’t give advice nor would I and non of my project has asked anybody to advertise any of my project.
    So as I like resiwealth to ask question and recommend any of my busines ventures that is not been sanctions buy any of my groups and even thou I may think that it is a good idea to recommend other peoples projects on this forum I would not like this to be seen as a advertisement as resiwealth is not involved as far as I know in any of my projects and sorry won’t be as far as I know for some time.
    just to clarify I like assistance and is usually helpful but currently I don’t need it but should the time come that it is required I have the email

here to help

@wealth4life.com

GR … Resiwealth Pty Ltd and .com will never be involved with u or one of your projects if in fact you have any.

The strategy of the group and its members is embarking on a new path within the realestate and development industry, that is more laterial than main stream projects.

The returns on developers projects today and 4 the next few years will be very challenging to give returns back to their investors. We need to b smarter now if we want to make money in this area. The henry kaye days are gone and the EXPERIENCED developers who have gone through the last 15 years will IMHO will survive to a greater degree.

There is today too much knowledge down loaded from web sites with little hands-on experience. Before i invest money in a project i ask for;

directors guarantees
    1st mortgage security/not second
    bank guarantees
    caveats over the directors PPOR
    list of past projects
    independant solicators guarantee
    KPMG report and analaysis

And much more … resiwealth

@grossrealisation

sorry
    I don’t remember asking you get involved with my business or project nor do I remember asking for a run down on your business or project even thou some poeple on this forum may be interested.
    so I hope you succeed and move any laterial way you like.

here to help

@kenkoh2000
    Originally posted by resiwealth:

GR … Resiwealth Pty Ltd and .com will never be involved with u or one of your projects if in fact you have any.

The strategy of the group and its members is embarking on a new path within the realestate and development industry, that is more laterial than main stream projects.

The returns on developers projects today and 4 the next few years will be very challenging to give returns back to their investors. We need to b smarter now if we want to make money in this area. The henry kaye days are gone and the EXPERIENCED developers who have gone through the last 15 years will IMHO will survive to a greater degree.

There is today too much knowledge down loaded from web sites with little hands-on experience. Before i invest money in a project i ask for;

directors guarantees
    1st mortgage security/not second
    bank guarantees
    caveats over the directors PPOR
    list of past projects
    independant solicators guarantee
    KPMG report and analaysis

And much more … resiwealth

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Grossrealisation and Resiwealth,

1. I think we all have our own different approach to doing business and serving our clientele depending on our own marketing/targetted niche.

2. While Resiwealth’s a/m requirement is reflective of the many requirements normally required by an average investor, it is by no means the only way to do business.

3. Personally, I did not like this approach nor enjoy the spirit of JV co-operation/collabration under such a approach at all. This is becuase it does not provide us with the correct basis to build a long term business trust relationship between 2 willing parties concerned.

4. By requiring all these “legal” safeguards in the business contract, implicitly spekaing, the underlying spirit is one, where there seems to be “no/minimal” trust between the JV partners and both p[arties operating on the basis competing and conflicting personal interests at hand. How then can/do we expect to succeed together in this kind of working thier “relationship”, when at the outset, we are suggesting and openly telling vendors/JV partners-investors in writing that we do not actually trust ourselves/our own “people-judgement” capability and “them” intrinsically as a person, saved for the legal contract to be signed first. In short, we prefer to trust the paper contract per se, rather than the real personhood behind the 2 parties involved in this the contractual relationship.

5. Not only that, the official thinking and underlying spirit behind this type of business relationship is that both the vendor and investors are “intrinsically selfish” people out to pursue their own interests even at the expense at the other party concerned. It is further assumed that the vednor is merely trying to “sell” something, to the investors and profit himself, at the latter’s expense. Thus,legal safeguards are deemed neccessary pre-conditions for the contract to work, thereby endorsing that both the vendors and investors are actually allowed to have conflicting interests and hidden agenda at each other’s expense.

6. If there is such a doubt in the investors’mind in the first place, in my mind, I rather that my JV partners-investors clear them first by doing their own required due diligence, and by willing to trust themselves first by getting to know me and my recommended products better first before they actually put any monies with me;- instead of choosing to “conveniently ignored” their own existing inner self-doubts regarding my personal integrity and honour as a person intriniscally as well as about himself as a intrinsic person too.

7. A business relationship which is based on contractual safeguards, actually denigrates our human existence and values and actually go against the original spirit and intentions of 2 willing parties to come together to learn to trust one another and with a common joint interests to successfully co-operate/collaborate together for the collective good. It will profit none except for the affected lawyers concerned.

8. Thus, personally, I still beleive that prefer the Oriental way of doing business based on mutual respect and an ongoing personal knowledge and basic trust relationship between the vendor and the investors before we proceed to extend that personal relationship into the “business” context by learning to co-operate and to work successfully together with one another for the joint enterprises collective good.

8. For your kind update and further comments and discssion, please.

9. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

@kenkoh2000
    Originally posted by grossrealisation:

hi all
    I ain’t no mentor ( as I don’t have one so there not alot to gauge against maybe a mentor can mentor me and then I would be able cross reference).
    I am alittle like kenkoh2000 as I have defacto mentors as I follow there ideas unfortunately most wouldn’t like there names on bulliten boards.
    so TorMentor maybe

here to help

Dear GrossRealisation,

1. The main reason why I mentioned their names is so that our members can more or less know where exactly I am coming from and my own investing approach preferences, so as to improve my own communication in this forum with our members.

2. I have no intentions of “marketing” these people and their credentials. Neither, do I think that they need my endorsement at all as they are highly successful in their own rights and will naturally have their own respective group of faithful supporters and advocates.

3. The other reason for me is to honestly and actually acknowledge how these peoples have impacted my thinking and influences the way I see things now… In a certain ways, they have been my own “teachers-in-life” unknowingly as I have personally esteemed them to be better investors than myself and from whom I can effectively learn from, even if they have still not “mentored” me officially.

4. For your kind update, please.

5. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Profile photo of RikkyRikky
    @rikky

Gross

This to confuseing,
    This is not about a mentor its about sending people mental

Monopoly, my favourite game

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.