All Topics / Help Needed! / Do I need BuyerBeware?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of safeashousessafeashouses
    @safeashouses

I inspected 3 properties on the W/end and I cant afford to get a Building/Pest Inspection for every property I look at.Would the BuyerBeware product assist me to be able to do a decent inspection and at least eliminate the obviously worst properties?
    This issue is stopping me going further ,as I am looking at OLD properties that need fixing up.

fnccollector

Profile photo of coreyjaycoreyjay
    Participant
    @coreyjay

Why do you want inspections on every property you look at do you plan on buying all 3?

Coreyjay

Profile photo of robinmrobinm
    @robinm

Hi
    I only have my own family home and no IPs
    but I think that if you are looking at buying property or anything you need to be able to tell the condition of something (roughly).

not to say that an expert in their field is not tradesman you can get a pretty good idea yourself of the things you need to look out for

you might have to get dirty crawling under houses etc but at least you can sort out the obvious ones

good luck

Profile photo of safeashousessafeashouses
    @safeashouses

All 3 properties have different problems and all need various renovation, and rank equally in my initial assessment, but I would be buying only one. I need to be able to identify serious problems from easily fixed problems . I may then, for example, be able to eliminate 2 of them and then get final inspections only on the one left I prefer.

fnccollector

Profile photo of Broome HendersonBroome Henderson
    Participant
    @broome-henderson

Hello Collector,

Im a real estate agent & I believe you can do a thorough building inspection on the properties by specifically looking for a few problem issues yourself. The first is to make sure the pressure on all the taps is reasonably. If water comes out slowly, theres a problem with the water pressure which comes from the Hot Water System. Next check the date of the Hot Water System. This will tell you how old the system is, make sure its no more than 5 years old, as most Hot Water Systems last around 12 years, this leaves around 7 years for it to be replaced. Check the condition of it too. Next look under the house if you can, to see the condition of the piping. If its an older style home, their going to be at that stage where it needs to be replaced. Just check to make sure there’s no major leaks or anything.

These are the important issues. Just make sure you go over specific details like gas/electric heating, condition of the bathroom & whether gaps are appearing in the stucture.

What you can’t see is the hardest part of doing this assessment. Try to pick up small hints as to whether its ok, like, the condition of the downpipes will closely resemble the condition of the wall pipes. Stuff like that.

It really comes down to the more properties you inspect the better you will come accustomed to the condition of a property.

All the best.

Henderson

Do you want to be paid when people pay their telephone bills.
    http://www.homebizleaders.com/4537

Profile photo of debtdoggdebtdogg
    @debtdogg

By all means, do everything possible to make sure you are outwardly happy about the property but if your contract is subject to a satisfactory (to you) building and pest inspection, then I wouldn’t fork out the dollars until you strike a deal on one (with this clause in of course) then get out if you aren’t happy and look for another..

markk
    Happy Hunting
    http://www.kentscollections.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.