All Topics / Opinionated! / What Does Your Icon Mean?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

It makes me laugh when I read through peoples posts and they have everything from R2D2 to squiggly lines as icons next to their names.

What does it all mean? Is it relavent to your character? The way you look? The way you see yourself? Very interesting!

I chose Lisa Simpson, because she is a bit of a science nerd/environmentalist, a bit like I am!

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Having been beaten around the head and shoulders with the Ugly Stick, my Avatar bears not a jot to my resemblance.

I thought I’d pick the handsome chap as a sort of reverse double flip with a half twist ?? Was thinking of having a real “girlie girl” Avatar, but I thought it’d just confuse people too much. I’ve noticed most people pick the same gender as themselves.

Still….gotta be better than ol’ Simon….geez…he is so ugly no Avatar is willing to stick to his logo. [biggrin]

Hey Xenia, are you planning on doing another Doctorate on psychological analysis of Avatar preferences ???

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Mine is of course the superhero Radioactive Man from the Simpsons, which has an uncanny similarity to the life I’ve been leading, namely;

1. I am radioactive
    2. I have super-human strength
    3. I wear a red jumpsuit that covers from head to toe.

Upon joining this site early last year, my main concern was not to grow and develop my understanding of investment propety, it was rather to get a cool avatar that would bring shame upon any mere mortal who tried to duplicate it’s use on this forum.

For anybody who knows the Simpsons well enough-

Up and Atom!…G7

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

I chose the Hello Kitty avator merely because it is so very cute, playful and mischievous- the cutest avator I could find!
    Just makes me happy to look at it!
    I love collecting some of the Hello Kitty stuff (yes I have Hello Kitty socks and a nighty). Another character I love is Miffy the bunny (Nijntje).
    I know…pretty childish characters to love but hey what can I do- love is blind![inlove]

Celivia

Profile photo of camdercamder
    Participant
    @camder

Alas I ain’t got no avator. Me Mum couldn’t afford to give me one and I don’t make enough money to buy my own.

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi all
    I looked for the crankiest looking one and he looks abit like me when a deal goes wrong its a pity I can’t change the colour of the face to red. and the bump on the end of the nose needs to be bigger

here to help

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Don’t worry Dazz,
    My avatar’s face is even uglier than my own. When it fell down the ‘avatar ugly tree’ it hit every single branch on the way down! So now I wear an avatar deer suit. I’m the one in the back. I called the avatar front half that you can see an ‘ar#@h#le’. It just looked back at me and said “Shut up and be yourself”.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

“Sometimes the hardest thing to do in life is often the best thing to do.”

Profile photo of munjymunjy
    @munjy

I figured that if I picked a character it would falsely advertise that I was someone with personality.

It can get confusing sometimes when people have the same character especially if they post one after another.

Profile photo of Esther TanEsther Tan
    Participant
    @thewizard

I chose speedy gonzalez because I’m actually quite petite and was quite a good runner at school in sports.

TheWizard because I’m part of another blog board which everyone is called “Keyboard Wizards”. “Wizard” was used hence “TheWizard”.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Dazz, get a grip, I’m sure your not that bad!

My doctorate days are over, but I love studying peoples behaviours, it fascinates me!!!!!!

Celivia, we had 2 chinese students living with us under a home stay program for a couple of years, they loved that hello kitti stuff, everytime I see it, it reminds me of those girls!

This is all very interesting! Love to know the meaning behind steves cookie monster!!!

[email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

oh, and thanks for pointing out that they are called avator’s not icons [blush2]

at least I got the point accross

[email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

I chose Garfield firstly because the comics make me laugh.

Also because it reminds me a bit of my Mum’s cat “Ditten the Kitten”. Ditten was best friends with the dog from the day she arrived so we had a “ditten” and a “kog”… then as she grew up it became a “dat” and a “cog” – she was meant to be named Chloe but Ditten just stuck. She is now about 13 years old and about twice the size of your average cat. Ditten was my baby before I had babies of my own and I still love her!

Sonja

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.