All Topics / Finance / “Bonus” counted as income?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ETET
    @et

Just a quickie….

Are you able to include ‘bonus’s’ as income when applying for loans?

Cheers
    ET

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

Some lenders will take this into account… you would have to have two year history to support future bonuses. e.g. if you have received a $10k bonus every year for the last 3 years then its likely that they will include this income.

Cheers

Stu

Profile photo of Finance FriendFinance Friend
    @finance-friend

ET, Stu’s pretty spot on. Minimum 2 yrs under your belt and generally accepted by most.

However, if it’s paid quarterly or even monthly, dependant upon the type of work, it may be considered as “prop up” income to mitigate a shortfall in servicing and you may have success with even as little as 12 months, however would need good confirmation of this.

Lenders normally scale down the percentage of this figure to as low as 30%, depending on the nature of it, because of the potential of irregularity and dependancy upon the employee’s performance.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
    Rob

Rob Whyte
    Certified Mortgage Consultant MIAA

Principal & Licensee
    The Mortgage Gallery
    e [email protected]

Winner 2004 National Office of the Year!

Accredited with over 27 lenders nationally. 15 years experience in commercial and residential lending, ask me anything, if I dont know, I’ll find out!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.