All Topics / General Property / mission beach

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of matt conroymatt conroy
    Participant
    @matt-conroy

as a restless builder in melbourne and needing to get on the move, mission beach seems like a great place but property prices there seemed to have gone through the roof, have i missed the boat

Profile photo of zenqzenq
    @zenq

I would say you have definitely missed the boat, but IO could be wrong…..
    Prices have really skyrocketed: especially anything near the beach. Still, as a builder that might be ideal.. lots of people wanting to add value to their new, suddenly very expensive beachfront blocks and wanting homes to match. Wouldn’t buy there myself, just can’t stand the thought of paying 5 times what was paid a couple of years ago. Cooktown would really need builders, and it has the bitumen road due to go in during the next year or so. Cairns would be good too, but already lots here. One thing to remember about moving up here is the heat and rain. I am building a house at present, and it really starts to get hot at about 11.00 or so: can hardly touch the steel at lunchtime. Come December, it will start raining and might rain 3 days out of 4 for 3-5 months: can really slow you down (still I guess you are used to rain in melbourne: at least our rain is warm[biggrin])
    You wouldn’t regret the move lifestyle wise though![:D]

“If you look long enough into the void the void begins to look back through you.” Nietzsche

Profile photo of specificspecific
    @specific

Hello,

I would love to speak to Dallasm more if you live in Cairns- we do too! There aren’t many people up here that we’ve met who are switched on enough to think seriously about investments (gross generalisation!)

Mission beach is beautiful- but the boat in terms of immediate growth is definitely out as per previous message.

We should be settling on a property up here next week and are excited (buy reno and sell style)- just a plumbing issue to sort out.

I’m interested to follow this thread if others care about F’n’Q

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Walker Corp (lang walker) is about to start a big project there also.

Profile photo of zenqzenq
    @zenq

There seem to be several large upcoming developments especially prestige land releases coming up. Locals seem to really like Mission Beach, and I guess it has potential to be “the next Port Douglas” (read next Noosa for SEQ), which is fine, but to me it lacks proximity to an international airport, and prices are already very high. If interest stays strong in resort style coastal living, it will probably do well, but I’d be concerned that a mild downturn in RE and tourism could leave a bit of a glut of overpriced properties.
    I meant to say in the Cairns posting to, that towns like these which are very tourism dependant can be hit hard in the event of a tourism downturn. I live in Cairns, and the local economy really suffered for a year or two at the time of the Ansett collapse, terrorism fears, which all followed the GST impact. I think this is a great place to invest, but it does have this risk factor which would be less great in a larger, diversified economy like a capital city. Eg. a birdflu pandemic or recession would both hit tourism very hard.
    Having said this, many people find once they’ve lived in FNQ they’d never go back to a big city: the lifestyle is great, and more people realise it every year, so the economy is steadily growing and diversifying. Interestingly, the building industry about as big as tourism up here at present

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

No international airport – try looking at Laguna i have several 5 acre lots there that will fit 50 townhouses on each one – want me to teach you how????

resiwealth[cap]

Profile photo of matt conroymatt conroy
    Participant
    @matt-conroy

Thanks for the input gang,still unsure of my next movements but the it seems the Queensland market has a lot more oppurtunity than the Melbourne market. I’ve just put my port Melbourne home on the market. I bought it 3 years ago and it needs a lot of work, even as a carpenter and a builder its still not worth the hassle to do anything to as i will just not get a decent return.
    I just sold 1 of the two units I built in yarraville and still deciding on where to next,
    thanks again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.