All Topics / Heads Up! / good books

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of insertinsert
    @insert

Hi,
    I have recently read steves books and also rich dad poor dad and was wondering if anybody can recommend something good they have read lately.
    thank you …[thumbsup2]

missytor

Profile photo of hiflohiflo
    @hiflo

Hi

There are many good books out there if you can find them. The question is how financially literate are you. Depending on your level of literacy, and your knowledge of ancillary topics good books may vary.

For example, when I read Steve’s first book I was impressed. I thought it was a good book because it was very different from what I had read before about property. However, when I read his second book which was almost 4 months later and about 40 books later, and few hundred internet searches later, I did not find the book as good a read as first.

Finding the right book is difficult, and you probably need to visit you local library and bookshop and learn how to choose a good book for yourself.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

How about the millionaire next door and millionaire mind. They explode a few myths about the deca millionaire

[email protected]
    NZ Investors & Property Spotters
    Renovations & Project Management
    Email now to receive info on the lastest deals!

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

I have just read ‘Reno Kings , Real property Real People , Unreal profits’

I think it is another good entry level book and easy to follow. I stumbled across investing books almost by accident years ago when I was given Noel Whittakers first book ‘Making Money Made Simple’. Somewhere in that book he mentions the Idea of having a success library of your own and I suppose that is what I have now.

Shawn

Profile photo of insertinsert
    @insert

Many thanks to everyone that replied I will give them all a go thanks for the good advice.[rolleyesanim]

missytor

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

A great book on New Zealand investing is The guide to New Zealand Property Investing by ASnthony Anderson and Sigrid Castella. They are two Australian investors who say their experiences and research. A great read.
    There is a link on my web site. I do not reciece a cent from there book sales. I just think it is a great resourse

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand Property Researcher and education seminars

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of jcso99jcso99
    Participant
    @jcso99

Robert Kiyosaki talks about the way to financial freedom is to build a business, reinvest in the business, invest in real estate from business income and then use assets to buy luxuries. This theory is in the book “The Business School For those who Like Helping People” by Robert Kiyosaki

Cheers
    John

Wanting financial freedom is not enough. Take some action TODAY. I have successfully built my own PART TIME business whilst still working in a Bank. If you want to know more, PM or email ME.

Profile photo of InvestorInTrainingInvestorInTraining
    @investorintraining

I have just started reading Scott Pape’s “The Barefoot Investor”. so far it has been a great read. It is written for a younger audience, it is entertaining yet very informative and has a great guide to tracking your spending (not a budget – he has just included a list of possible items we spend money on so when you try to recall where exactly ‘all your money went’ most things are written down for you. I am only a quarter of the way through – but so far, highly recommended!

Cheers, and happy reading! [biggrin]

Sacrifice
    Understanding
    Committment
    Character
    Excellence
    Satisfaction
    Structure
    = SUCCESS

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

The Richest Man in Babylon and Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill are great books that are very relevant and effective, whatever you’re investing in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.