All Topics / General Property / Moving to Canberra

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

This may be an unusual question, however I trust many would be able to answer.

I am considering moving to Canberra, and this includes of course sell my home in Sydney and buy over there. When I am interested in discussing the RE aspect of the move, I welcome other’s opinions and their own experience of life in the ACT.
    Are there Sydney expatriates living in Canberra? Which one are the good suburbs?

I would be looking in the $500k price range for a house in the city or alternatively some acreage not too far out.

I welcome your thoughts and when obviously likes and dislikes are subjective, I value your opinions in favour and against.[biggrin]

http://www.chosen4u.com/?ace

“What you want in your life occasionally shows up…
    what you must have… always does.”
    . . . . . Doug Firebaugh
    May God Prosper you.[biggrin]
    Marc

Profile photo of cozicozi
    Participant
    @cozi

Hi,
    Im’m a Canberran and can recommend some good suburbs. Inner north and Inner south are the best eg. Campbell, Yarralumla, Deakin and Forrest.
    Belconnen, Woden, Weston Creek and Tuggeranong zones are fairly average.
    Gungahlin (where I am) has a lot of new houses going up, but the older suburbs are pretty good, eg. Harcourt Hill, Nicholls.

Cheers,
    Michelle

Michelle Wickes

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Thank you Cozi, it is always easier to have an idea of where to look, coming from a local.
    I noticed a few nice houses in Campbell.

What about acreage going out of town via Northborn? Or would you look somewhere else?

http://www.chosen4u.com/?ace

“What you want in your life occasionally shows up…
    what you must have… always does.”
    . . . . . Doug Firebaugh
    May God Prosper you.[biggrin]
    Marc

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Hi 1Winner

I too live in Canberra..nice inner suburbs are Ainslie, Downer, Dickson (older types houses) Belconnen (northside) Bruce and Cook.

Acreage you have a new development called Wells Station selling blocks of land 15 minutes out of town. Established areas on acreage are Bungendore and Braidwood.

Southside you have Fadden and Macarthur or where the bushfires went through Duffy, Rivett and Chapman (all new houses in an established area) a bit prejudice here as have investment properties in and around these areas.

I think you can’t go wrong with anywhere that you decide on as it basically takes 20 mins to get from one side of town to the other.

Good luck with your hunt for your new home.[biggrin]

Jenny1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.