All Topics / Overseas Deals / NZ market info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi All,

A few of you have been asking me about areas to look at etc.

Have a read of the following

Monday 12th September 2005

Property market still refuses to lie down
    Statistics released today by QV indicate the residential property market is still on the rise, as residential property values grew by 14.7% for the 12 months to August, up from 14.3% annual growth to July.

With Nelson property values having increased by 1.3% annually (they were reported to be declining by as much as 4% earlier in the year), property values are now growing in every area of the country.

“The continued growth in property values is a reflection of a market that is remaining buoyant. There are still a number of provincial areas including Wanganui (42.9%) and New Plymouth (35.5%) where values are growing at increasing rates, driven by factors like an availability of affordable housing and attractive returns for investors”, says QV spokesperson Blue Hancock.

Most main urban areas are also doing well, with residential properties in Hamilton increasing in value by 25.4% annually, a substantial increase from 15.9% growth reported in January. Dunedin recorded 21.2% growth, while residential properties in both Christchurch (19.5%) and Wellington (10.5%) grew at their highest recorded levels since QV began reporting the new monthly statistics in January.

The trends in the Auckland market are consistent with those reported last month, as residential properties in Auckland City grew in value by 4.4%, outdone by surrounding areas Papakura (14.1%), Manukau (12%), Waitakere (11.9%) and North Shore (11.8%).

[email protected]
    NZ Investors & Property Spotters
    Renovations & Project Management

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

thanks D and L

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Real Estate Agents, No Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Oh, and they left Invercargill out of the article. The southern city did 10% as well.

[email protected]

Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

PS Dr X,

Just missed out on a commercial deal down here that would have been right up your alley. Tenant just re signed for 3 years with ROR.

Only Returning 11% but under 200k.

Your little complex is looking good!

Cheers

[email protected]

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.