All Topics / Help Needed! / Where to find last purchase price

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of operatoroperator
    @operator

Hi
    Does anyone know how to find out what the current vendor paid for a property.
    The reason is I have found a cheapie which I want to put on a low ball offer

thanks ian

ikerr

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

try a program like RP data or up market. I think you could get one off reports from them on sales.

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Real Estate Agents, No Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of pfppfp
    @pfp

Can get this info from propertyvalue.com.au tells u last purchase price and date and current median and growth stats if known, they have a sms service but have found (the service not the info) to be unreliable at times.
    Good luck

Profile photo of propertywatchpropertywatch
    @propertywatch

Hi
    I believe this information can be obtained from your state’s Land Titles Office for a fee. A land conveyancer or real estate agent may also know where to source this information.

Regards

FrankIerace

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi

I do believe you can get the info you require via SMS i cant remember the number exactly but i think it is 197-HOME.

Cheers
    SG

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways Beer in one hand – Pizza in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO!”

Profile photo of yesfella28061yesfella28061
    @yesfella28061

Hi,
    The local municipal council will sell you this info for about $25.

Profile photo of coreyjaycoreyjay
    Participant
    @coreyjay

Its irrelavent what the buyer paid for it!

Coreyjay

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi operator
    sorry to say this but I’m with grasshopper (coreyjay ha grasshopper)the price that they payed is of no use to you.
    you must evaluate the price today if they paid $15 in 1914 what does it matter or if they paid $200,000 in 2004 again how does that help.
    educate me I work on todays price not yesterdays(grasshopper he may be better then me)
    heres an example 011005 land value 11mil.
    today 111005 purchasing 7.5mil thats 10 days and were are purchasing .
    do I look at what they paid for it no.
    I look at today pricing.
    To put a ball price you decide the price what you think its worth.
    pay all you like but at the end of the day it depends what you want to pay for the site.

here to help

Profile photo of Captain_PicardCaptain_Picard
    Participant
    @captain_picard

I think it is useful to know what a vendor paid for a house, especially if it was a recent purchase (ie in the last five years), because it is a good negotiation tool. If they paid 200K two years ago, and they want $450K now, you know the property may be overpriced. If you didnt have that information, you would have a less accurate estimate of its value. Knowledge is power in negotiation.

Captain_Picard

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

We use abr.com.au for our data and usually also do a 1klm radial search which will give you details of recent sales in the area. Then just drive around and check out each property.
    Good luck

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of JarrahJarrah
    @jarrah

You can never do too much due diligence!

I have access to these sites and ALWAYS assess the price history, knowledge is power, also helps realise just how ahem, “honest” agents are… I have never had an agent tell me the true last sales price and they know it for sure…

I figure you can find the median movement, the direct area avg and then work out what the rise should be based on last sales price and then not only make a calculated offer but a good, reasonable and fair offer and work up from there…

If its not so important why do agents inflate the amount of last sales price?

Oh and I’m talking about making offers prior to auction where there is no asking price or set/known reserve…

Makes the “games” with the agent HEAPS easier miz thinks, anyone care to correct me, i am no expert, EVER!

Jarrah “ask and you shall recieve”

p.s. I have built a relationship with an agent whom gives me this info free…

Profile photo of PeteJackiePeteJackie
    Participant
    @petejackie

If you are looking in Tassie the website is thelist.tas.gov.au
    I think it costs less than 50 cents per property to find the lass sale price with a minimum credit card spend of $5.00.

Regards,
    Pete

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.