All Topics / Help Needed! / Rental Dilemma

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of macwamacwa
    @macwa

Any suggestions welcome!

I have a property with two houses on it – one rented the other has been empty for two months due to the fact a gang member lives there and no one wants to live next to him. He is a good tenant who pays on time.

Anyone have suggestions or had similar experiences?

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Perhaps he knows someone that might like to rent it?

Sounds like a terrible problem and not one I would wish on anyone.

All the best,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

– Offer it to your existing tennant as a ‘greenhouse’?
    – …
    Nope, that’s all I’ve got.

Profile photo of macwamacwa
    @macwa

yes very good, very good….what about a house of ill repute?

The previous property manager should have actually told me prior to letting – they should be held liable!

Profile photo of fernfurnfernfurn
    @fernfurn

Lower the rent! My PM rented (unbeknownced? to me) to female & male partners who I later found out were druggies. They were the best tenants I ever had. They were so paranoid they always paid the rent on time. She put in a beautiful garden and kept it lovely. They only came because it was cheap rent but its better than no rent. These two slowly got their act together and the difference in them was amazing. She was first and put on some weight, filled out in the face, had her hair cut and coloured and he followed. I was very proud of them Hope this helps

Fern

Profile photo of westinvestwestinvest
    @westinvest
    Profile photo of macwamacwa
    @macwa

thanks fernfurn – will consider that!

Profile photo of fernfurnfernfurn
    @fernfurn

Didn’t mean to imply her “garden” was inside and it never occurred to me until Westinvest said that, that they might have been growing something inside the house. PM did usual property checks and I’m sure I can’t be blamed for something I did’nt even know was going on. I think you’re talking about criminals who buy property with ill gotten gains or their existing property can be confiscated

Fern

Profile photo of yesfella28061yesfella28061
    @yesfella28061

Either offer new tenants cheap rent, or approach the ruffie and ask if any of his friends want to rent. In both cases you are gonna get cheap rental returns.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.