All Topics / Help Needed! / Your opinion on my property purchase plan please?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of thekthek
    @thek

I’m just about to purchase my first house with my gf;

We are currently looking around the Belgrave, Tecoma, Upwey (VIC South-east) area as it had the highest predicted growth in ‘The Age’ property magazine. Other factors influencing our decision were the fact that it’s close to where we want to live, while also being in our low price range.

We intend to purchase a house in the 200-220k bracket requiring a bit of cosmetic work, which we will undertake ourselves while living there.

We then plan to sell within 6-12 months, and move on to the next one and do it again, and again, etc, while hopefully generating enough capital to purchase an IP along the way.

Depending on the growth, we may end up keeping one of the original properties and purchase future properties on the equity.

We are on a combined limited weekly income of $1000 after tax, although that will increase to $1500 after I finish my carpet laying apprenticeship in one year.

We intend to secure finance via e-choice.

We inted to obtain interest only loans as we want to keep as much cash free for renovations, deposits for future IP’s and general quality of life and happiness.

All thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Thanks

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi thek
    as a tradesman you need to a
    bring your sites down alot further I would be aiming in the 100k area change the kichen and bathroom for you it would be cheap.Then I would flog it this is not the best investment but its to cut your teeth the look for a small duplex or town house development and move up from there
    Im a electronic technician by trade but not used it for 20 years or more.
    1st 43k 2nd 85k 3rd 135k 4th 1.4mil buy reno sell without any capital gain ppor until last second storey as big as the bottom 250sq house
    you can use this route and yes it is very good and the wife likes it but if you want to fast track the other above is quicker.
    your call you have the income talk to an accountant and he will tell you how to use it.
    good luck and hope you go well in your career we need all trades

here to help

Profile photo of bradshawbradshaw
    Participant
    @bradshaw

Thek

Your plan sounds fine. Many investors have made good profits doing business this way. Several things I would offer to you. 1. Buy property that is sound. 2 Buy what you can afford. 3 Do not over spend on the projects. 4 Do not pay more than what the property is really worth.

Over time you should be O’K

Bradshaw.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.