All Topics / Help Needed! / postively geared property – queensland

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Shelley D.Shelley D.
    @shelley-d.

Hi everyone,

We have one x ppr plus 2 x ip. Both of our ip are quite negatively geared hence taking up alot of cashflow. I would like to buy more properties, but can’t afford to have anything negatively geared again at this stage.

Without giving away your secrets, any ideas on where to start looking?

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

If I told you where to start looking, I’d be giving away my secrets then, wouldn’t I?

Seriously though the places where you can buy cashflow positive property ‘off the shelf’ in Qld are towns that investors really shouldn’t be going near. I presume these places are hard enough to live in, let alone invest in. Properties in these types of areas can sit vacant for months or years. There is a reason why a lot of these propeties still haven’t been snapped up.

Obviously I’m predominantly talking outback Qld. Get yourself a great big detailed state map and start the process, that positive cashflow is very much still out there.

Hope this helps…G7

Profile photo of jcso99jcso99
    Participant
    @jcso99

Without getting into too details, there are plenty of options to turn a -ve cashflow into +ve cashflow (Pending on how much efforts and commitments you want to put into it). One option is if the property is in low social economic area or near university (you can try to rent out each room individually) thus increasing your cashflow.

But just a piece of warning, you need to have a good team behind you before you explore many of this options (read plenty of books regarding investment property or building wealth).

Just to share with you a more story of mine, my only IPs in QLD which the old water unit fell through the roof 2 weeks ago and my competent property manager sorts out the entire issue within 2 days (the important of insurance and competent team members).

Happy Investing

Cheers
    John[biggrin]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.