All Topics / Site Problems / Feedback / Search function – hit and miss

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of the.jthe.j
    @the.j

Greetings

Clicking on the magnifying glass icon whilst logged in, I enter the search term, click search and:

“/search/beta2 error ‘80004005’

No Deserializer found to deserialize a ‘:key’ using encoding style ‘http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/’.

/search.asp, line 53″

Cheers
    J

Profile photo of PeteJackiePeteJackie
    Participant
    @petejackie

Hi J

Had the same problem a while ago.

I presume you are trying to search for the forum?

If so, when in the forum, in the left hand column under Forum Boards, click on search.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Pete

Profile photo of the.jthe.j
    @the.j

Thanks Pete,

I can confirm that the left hand menu item does seem to work more effectively – from a useability point though, it’s still not that flash that a tool is offered but doesn’t work on our precious forum!

I reckon the error is about a ” quote mark short of a syntactically correct piece of dodgy ASP/VBA – should be PHP [suave2]

Cheers
    J

@the.j

Hmmm – actually probably from a null return ….

Cheers J

@the.j

More importantly – I am trying to avoid flames from a question I want to ask – if I didn’t search – I am sure it has been answered…!

Also racking up my post count [baaa]

Cheers
    J

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

Hmmmmm…

Until tonight the search magnifying glass on the right has always worked just fine for me.

However…

I’m now getting the same Deserializer/encoding style/soap message as the.j and it’s not because of a null return ’cause I logged out of here, searched google and came up with a post right back here at PI.com! Didn’t have what I was after but that’s not the point. Glad it’s not just me with the soap problem [huh]

Sonja

PS I’m assuming that by “null return” you mean the “no matches found” response that I used to get when the magnifying glass worked but nothing matched my search. It just occurred to me that, for the most part, computer programming language is forigen to me and perhaps it has some other meaning [mad]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.