All Topics / Help Needed! / Looking to meet other investors on Gold Coast

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of bnbbnb
    Participant
    @bnb

We would like to meet up with other Property Investors around the Gold Coast area.
    Does anyone know of any Groups/Clubs etc?
    We have quite a few properties and find that our normal friends are not interested in talking property issues.

Profile photo of bradshawbradshaw
    Participant
    @bradshaw

Hi bnb

It is my intention to relocated to Surfers Paradise in 2006. I have several properties in that area. I would also be interested in a group of like minded people to discuss property investment. I can be contacted via Email. ( Look up my profile ) Bey the way NORMAL friends do not invest in property. You have to find UNNORMAL friends. ( Property investers. )

Bradshaw.

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

Theres a big event happening on the GC – http://www.ascendbeyond.com/2005mindshare-aus.htm

I’ll be going up for it.

Rgds.
    FFComm

Profile photo of YasminaYasmina
    @yasmina

Hi current and future Gold Coasters.
    There were couple different posts here about Gold Coasters getting together but so far nothing happened. I am not aware of any investor clubs here on the Coast but i know there is in Brissie.
    If you have anything in mind, count me in.
    Cheers, from beautiful Gold Coast.

Yasmina

Profile photo of bnbbnb
    Participant
    @bnb

from bnb

Thanks for your replies.

To Bradshaw, I will contact you via email and talk more.

To FFComm

get real.
    the Seminar you suggest is $2,000
    are you for real.
    You do not need to spend money like that on Seminars.
    Take my advise and get the info for free at the investors club and this website.
    There are so many Seminars that want your money ,
    the best way is to go and run with it, and invest in good areas and you cannot go wrong.

To Yamina,
    Thanks for the reply,
    Sounds like we have a bit in common.
    We are investing in the same Suburbs.
    Keep in touch and maybe we can share some info.

Good Investing.

bnb

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

wow thx for yor advice….

Lucky your here to save me from the seminar[evil4]…
    (which for a 4 day event and the people speaking (a flipper with over 180 property flips; a wrapper with 130+ prop.; a developer who has built 1,500 homes, and of course a individual who own 30+ propertys in US, and a whole bunch in NZ/Aust (+CF buy and holds)), and a individual who does commercial developments)) somehow I think I will be okay [wink2]).

To those 4 who read here [wink2] [tongue] see u there.

As a side note I don’t invest in good ares. Mainly as +CF buy and hold person with a focus on commercial now (LVRs are still a pain in the but) I like the bad areas… well in areas I wouldn’t like to live…[toff]. Bad areas have less people wanting to invest there, so competition is much reduced, less competiton = great buys (how about a 4plex for $92K – $80p/w for each plex – pure gold[:D]).

FFComm

(Editied for the toff hat).

Profile photo of bnbbnb
    Participant
    @bnb

to FFComm

Thanks for the info,

It sounds as though you are a lot wealthier than us.
    Would appreciate you posting a copy of the Seminar notes.

Regards bnb

Profile photo of The Wild OneThe Wild One
    @the-wild-one

Hi, I’d also like to meet some other investors.

I have 7 properties in Logan and a family friend has 4 scattered between Ipswich and Acacia Ridge. It would be really great to meet you all please include me.

THANKS…… [biggrin]

@yasmina

Hi Wild One

I am thinking my next purchase Logan, i would like talk to you more.
    Now who is going to do organizing of the Event? Who is going to be a Volunteer?
    Anybody????

Yasmina

Profile photo of The Wild OneThe Wild One
    @the-wild-one

May be all investors and family’s could get together on the first Friday or Saturday night of each new season. At a club or pub or even a restaurant.

That would be good..[biggrin]

Profile photo of Shelley D.Shelley D.
    @shelley-d.

I’m in too. I live on the Gold Coast. What areas does everyone live at – I am at Arundel. I personally don’ tell my friends or relatives anymore regarding any ip because of the reaction of the first few I told! On a different wave length.

Don’t know what this would be like (probably more for beginners) but there is a TAFE course – 2 actually in property investments at the Gold Coast TAFe college – just short ones. Any ideas what this might be like.

I am also in agreeance regading the big 2 days seminar in Brissie – worth every cent I would think. Imagine how much at $2K might save you in the long run I say.

I personally can’t due weekends due to work committments, but would be interested in meeti on other evenings.

Participant
    @bradshaw

I am in Surfers Paradise from the 29th Oct to 6th Nov 2005. Then again after 19th Dec through to forever maybe. I would be willing to travel a bit in the area to meet with you guys. Is anyone game to pick a time, venue and date for a get together and see what happens from there.

Bradshaw.

@yasmina

Hey guys,

nice to see you are all so positive about this.
    How about you are all give preference in Where and When and then we will take it from there?
    I live in Robina, and my pick would be a Broadbeach somewhere. My work schedule is hectic as well but i will give my best. Thanks all for your responses. Great to see positive feedback.
    Cheers.

Yasmina

Participant
    @bradshaw

bnb

You are at Mt Tamborine what would suit you re a meeting venue. I am available anytime between 29th Oct to 6th Nov 2005. If everyone who is interested in meeting up were to post a few dates and locations we will be able to narrow it down to get the most people there. Maybe we could call our group the Gold Coast Property Investment Interest Group.

Bradshaw.

@yasmina

I’ll try to match yours availabilities swapping shifts maybe or something, let see how we go.

Yasmina

Profile photo of bnbbnb
    Participant
    @bnb

Sounds Good.
    How about Sunday 30th October.

1 o’clock somewhere at a Club or Pub around Surfers? for a chat and a couple of drinks.
    Does anyone know of a good Club or Pub around Cavill Mall??

Also if you have any friends that are into Property, bring them along as well.

Regards bnb

Profile photo of jcso99jcso99
    Participant
    @jcso99

Although I live in Melbourne but I have 1 IPs in Beenleigh property and it is an absolute gold in the area where it is low social economic area because people are definitely open to the idea of sharing even in 2 bedroom unit and the cashflow is great.

Enjoy your meeting

Cheers
    John

Full Time Property Investor in not too distant future![biggrin]

Profile photo of Matt RMatt R
    @matt-r

Also in the Gold Coast area. As far as i know there are no existing clubs on the Gold Coast. I know there is a good club located at Ipswich. Its run through Action Realty (a first national real estate agency) and every 1/4 they have a great guest speaker. They are new and have so far only had 2 meetings, but the first meeting was brad sugars, and the second was lisa sanders. I think the best bet would be more of a structered meeting rather than a get together and chat because it reminds me of a year 7 dance where nobody approaches anyone.

Matt R (Gold Coast)

Profile photo of shade121shade121
    @shade121

Hi all,

As of next year I will be living in Sydney however my family lives in Ballina which is only a short drive away to the Goldcoast.

If you all are planning a meeting during Dec 24- Jan 10 Please let me know.

I am an eager learner but a novice when it comes to investing in property. I have one property and looking to acquire more in the future and I’m sure if I could get to one of these meetings there will be a wealth of information to learn.

Profile photo of bnbbnb
    Participant
    @bnb

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for all the contributions.
    Getting back to original question.

Does anyone know of any Property Investment Clubs, Groups or Real Estate Agents groups on the Gold Coast???
    Regards bnb

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.