All Topics / Help Needed! / slack RE salesman !

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of latinozlatinoz
    @latinoz

Hi all!

I’m quiet new to this whole concept of the forum but trying my best to interact and hopefully soon contribute to the wealth of knowledge/ideas I have found here.

My current dilemma is trying to get to the owner of a property I’m thinking of purchasing. I no longer trust that the RE salesman is doing the right thing even by the owner in presenting my proposition for buying his property.

I do get the feeling there are other interests on the property within the Real estate.

Can anyone suggest any other (or best) way to get to talk to the owner?… I have tried the council for the owner details but can’t get a correct phone number (the place is currently rented) and I have been told the tenants should not be approached.

Any suggetions?… any that worked for you?… any creative ideas?… The RE salesman has indicated that he can not help with this.

I’m affraid kidnaping and torture is out of the question… though it has crossed my mind! (joke)

Plese help !

Carl

Profile photo of brcbrc
    Participant
    @brc

Simple really. Ask the RE agent for a complete copy of the rates notice so you can check the council charges. Ask them for something else as well, such as body corporate meeting minutes or something. Do it while you are in the RE agents office so they don’t have time to doctor the copies.

The rates notice should have the owners name and address on the top of it (depending on how the local council formats the letter, of course).

This will give you the owners name and address – then its a case of getting out the white pages or getting in the car and going door knocking. Be warned though – once the agent has found out you contacted the owner directly, I would expect them to be very unco-operative and you may well scuttle the deal. Tread warily and your best course of action is trying to arrange an inspection while the owner is there – difficult if a rental property though.

Profile photo of KRUPTAKRUPTA
    @krupta

I am a RE agent, you can just act really interested in the property and say you want a copy of the contract for sale to go over the details of the S149 and sewer etc,and check for easements. You will then be handed the contract with the vendors name and postal address on the front page from the agent…easy![biggrin]

Higly Motivated Investor

Profile photo of latinozlatinoz
    @latinoz

Excellent!

Thank you for your advice. Needles to say there are those willing to do their best to help when asked. I will follow through on each and all of those points.

I’m showing as much interest as I honestly have. I am finding that most RE salemen, in this new areas I’ve picked, seem to be under a lot of presure and no much luck. Their willingness to coperate (unless you can show them your finance contract or cash balance in your bank account covering all costs) is next to zero.

But I know I can get around that. My impression is that most of this RES feel empowered to a complete control of the interaction between buyer and vendor. My question is, if I can cut the clock and dagger game with them and go stright to the vendor it would save an enormeous time!

Either way, thank you again and any more ideas or enlightment you can place here I will be for ever grateful guys !

And one day return the favor.

Cheers
    Carl

Carl

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Carl,

With my disposition and outlook, as a vendor I’d love to sit down over a cup of tea and have a chat with you if you were an interested prospective buyer looking at buying my property. Given that, I wouldn’t engage the psuedo-services of a REA.

You would have to assume the disposition of the vendor you are trying to call may not be the same and actually like the idea of a negotiation buffer between parties. If you do eventually get her contact details, you might find you are curtly re-directed and instructed to pass all comments / offers etc thru the listed REA.

What would your strategy be in this situation. When and if the REA finds out about it…you’ll probably not have made any friends and may hinder your chances. They probably shouldn’t, but it’s surprising how much the vendor listens to the REA.

At the end of the day, the REA is the only one that’s involved in all of the discussions….and that’s just the way they wish to keep it generally.

Good luck in your endeavours. You might just strike someone completely normal who is happy to have a mature chat.

Cheers,

Darryl Moore

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Profile photo of j4smythej4smythe
    @j4smythe

hey mate,
    how bad do you wan’t the propery?, although i won’t take sides with dazzling there is sage advice in those words, imho, honesty is the best policy, if the house is on the market you have a right to the contract of sale, play thier game, get an agent from outside the area as a go-between, if you have to contact the owner things could go pear shaped, you don’t have the property now so you have nothing to lose, you might even get a shock and find the owner willing to talk, as i have found in NSW the REI is a non-government body with estate agents joining on a voluntary basis, so try and put a complaint against an agent with thier govorning body of which they need only be a voluntary member( don’t do this you will get no where)
    at the end of the day the most you can do is find better prospects elsewhere, good luck
    j4smythe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.