All Topics / Value Adding / Asbestos demolition

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of richardcassrichardcass
    @richardcass

Hi All, Wondering if anybody had a rough idea of what $ I am looking at to demo an old asbestos house. It’s a three bedroom single story place on a reasonbly flat block. It’s in your average suburban street in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.

The place was built in the 1940’s and I’m not sure if there would be too much salvageable or sellable materials (not sure if the terracotta roof tiles might be worth something?)

Any advice would be appreciated

Rich

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

In Perth it would be around $10k.. probly not much different in the east? as I always say – go down there and watch them demo it from your car (avoid those fibres tho!) – rip offs in the industry are common place. if you don’t watch them, dont be surprised to find half the rubbish buried in the fron yard.

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

Profile photo of reelygood1reelygood1
    Participant
    @reelygood1

Hi Rich,
    I was told once terracotta roof tiles secondhand sell for $1.40 each, could be a few thousand in the roof tiles. Worth investigating.

Don

djr

Profile photo of krskrs
    @krs

Hi Rich,

rip offs in the industry are common place. if you don’t watch them, dont be surprised to find half the rubbish buried in the fron yard.

Ausprop has a point, be careful! One way that you can check whether they are “rip offs” is by asking the company to show you proof of their asbestos removalist license. In WA this is governed by Worksafe WA and I presume there is a similar crowd in NSW. If they are accredited, they probably won’t be dumping fibres any place where they shouldn’t cos their livelihood depends on it! (or so you would hope!)

Good luck!
    krs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.