All Topics / General Property / $BILLION LAND RELEASE @ WILTON S.W SYDNEY

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of wannabe2wannabe2
    @wannabe2

Hi everyone,
    just wondering if anyone has any info on a new 1 billion dollar land release at wilton called wilton parklands near picton in sydney.and how will this affect prices in the houses already in the wilton areas?.thanks

Profile photo of wannabe2wannabe2
    @wannabe2

c’mon guys doesn’t anyone have any help re the affect this development will have on the surrounding areas,or similar that have happened elsewhere?? help![blink]

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi wannabe2
    I haven’t heard much about that sub division.
    but that area is not a high growth area as most of the housing in the area is new ish.
    I know a couple of the companies that I have connections with have got some very large sub divisions on the outer fringe that will be releast soon.
    I will ask stuart when he gets back but you will need to wait a week as he’s in dubai at the moment and he has his finger on the sub division pulse.
    It won’t be 1 billion, that would be end product price but there are a couple of 55 mil sub div prices.

here to help

Profile photo of Samantha McGlynnSamantha McGlynn
    @samantha-mcglynn

Wilton is quite a pretty area, with established nice homes, no units, no villas, no townhouses, very limited infrastructure, a general store, small garage and real estate. it is close to picton (10 mins), camden (1/2 hr), wollongong (1/2 hr), campbelltown (20 mins). Overall very nice place. Growth???.

The developer leaves a lot to be desired. The process of building a home or anything for me and other members of the last development and even the one before that, through this developer is time consuming, frustrating, costly and immensely draining (I built a custom design home through a project builder). As interest I purchased an acre block at their last development – the one with the golf course, unit comples, community centre and community usable land that never eventuated but we’ll still have to pay the sewerage & water for – in march 2003. Finally in August 2004 they approved the dwelling I wished to build – after lots of arguments, lawyer threats and changes to the dwelling all to the developers liking NOT MINE (I had my plans drawn up prior to purchasing the block). Now I get letters from the developer – one has even threatened me with legal action because I didn’t again put my unaltered house plans through the developer after their initial and council approval and because I wanted a different fence. For a money spinner this development is initially overpriced, with developer safeguards in place to ensure no legal action can be taken against them when they renege on the golf course, units, community land etc. But in the long term with all high quality developments (5 years or more) once the houses are established the prices only go up.

NONE of my comments are critical in any way, just relaying my experience with the Developer and the lack of following through of promises of the Developer. ALSO none of my comments are to be taken as advice for any future purchaser, I don’t wish to be sued.

Personally and as seen by the number of previous sold lots now for sale I think the majority of purchasers have had their satisfaction ruined (I have and so have the majority of those currently living in the estate) Speak to those at the last estates and you will see we have no faith that any of the proposals for wilton will eventuate. Hey the last 2 golf courses and units didn’t….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.