All Topics / Forum Frolic / This would be awesome fun!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Uni offers alien degree
    September 29, 2005

A British university has launched a three-year degree course in the hunt for life beyond the planet Earth.

The University of Glamorgan this week launched what it said was Britain’s first undergraduate course in astrobiology, the search for extraterrestrial life.
    It cited the recent excitement over the possibility of finding life on Saturn’s moon Titan as an example of how the search for life beyond Earth is a “major driving force” behind current space programs.

About half a dozen people enrolled this week in the degree course, which will encompass topics like “Exploring the Sky,” “Vertebrate Zoology,” “Science and the Media,” and “Life in the Universe”, the university said.

Course leader Professor Mark Brake said there was massive interest in the topic. About 100 people in the local community are studying aspects of the subject.

Though the course will examine popular culture, including films like ET, students will also study obscure texts, work in laboratories and conduct stargazing.

“People’s interest in quite serious and scientific sober issues is often sparked by popular culture,” Mr Brake said.

The truth is out there…
    [grad]

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Advance credits will be given to anyone who has watched all star trek or x-files series.
    C2

Rich in happiness and money is better than rich in money with no happiness.

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Speaking of extraterrestrial life, why is it a lot of UFO sightings tend to appear in outback ‘ute muster’ type towns? Maybe they’re not some kind of incredible intelligence. Are we perhaps being invaded by ‘redneck aliens?’ I can just picture now somewhere in, I don’t know, (Denni?) a UFO sitting out the front of someone’s trailer on ‘blocks’!
    “Are you here to invade us?”
    “No, we just had a long trip and thought we’d just kick back and whittle some(!). We thought we might enter our mothership in the tractor pull competition(!!)”
    I also remember reading a report in the Sun Herald of a UFO landing being sighted in Fife, Alabamma a couple of years ago. People were bringing shotguns to UFO sightings! Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, “You ain’t from around here, are you boy?” You would think by now that we would come to some sort of a social development where we could leave our guns at home, just for once. People stated that they were armed because they were being ‘abducted and taken on board UFO’s for scientific experimentation?’ Maybe it’s a kind of clean up the universe pact? Maybe they abduct you under a ‘straighten your teeth and sterility program?’
    If I was there and saw everyone with shotguns, etc and told this I’d probably reply, “What, and leave all this???? Excuse me. I think this UFO’s for me!!”
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

“Sometimes the hardest thing to do in life is often the best thing to do.”

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling
    We thought we might enter our mothership in the tractor pull competition(!!)”

Cheers,
    Gatsby!

ROFLMAO…..Absolutely fantastic…..this is right up there with “boy eats left foot in fridge, or something”

Cheers,

Darryl Moore

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.