Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ShellbyShellby
    @shellby

Hi,
    I have some questions, but more on a ‘personal investing’ level, in regards to relocating in Bendigo Victoria. We have been looking around that region, although not right in Bendigo as such, for many years now. Have holidayed in Maldon for many years and apart from investing have toyed with the idea of moving there – alas fear held us back. My husband is investigating a job opportunity in his field, due to commence early next year, and it could mean the perfect opportunity to try living in the area, with the job running for a couple of years. I guess what I’m after,( and if Brisbane 04 reads this, I’d love to chat to you), is a run down on the area, of, places to live, areas to avoid, schools, both primary& secondary, or any opinion of lifestyle and opportunity. We have 2 kids, one in primary & one who will be starting secondary next year. We’ve missed many opportunities over the years in investing in the district and feel this could be one of those moments that life offers you sometimes, and you take it or you don’t. I think someone once said, ‘change comes from doing something differently’ – now who was that!?
    Anyway, anyone in the know, or any opinions welcome.
    Thanks, Shellby

Profile photo of ShellbyShellby
    @shellby

Also, to add to that, do you think it’s better to sell your home, or rent it out. I would think maybe to rent it out for the time being, but my husband wonders whether you’d get a better price, perhaps looking more well cared for than after it’s been rented.
    Any comments or opinions would be good here people!
    Thanks again, Shellby

@shellby

Come on guys & gals, don’t be shy!

Profile photo of Brisbane 04Brisbane 04
    Participant
    @brisbane-04

Hi Shellby,
    Sorry for the late reply. I’m only to happy to help you with any questions you may have.Bendigo in my opinion is a fantastic place to live. Not to big and not too small. Population is approximately 85000-90000. There are good areas and bad areas but what in every area there are good pockets and bad pockets.The questions are do you want to purchase or rent. By renting you will be able to get a feel for the city and quickly recognise what areas to stay away from. Bendigo has a great host of facilities from private schools, catholic schools and public schools, all the major shopping chains, great restraunts( I can recommend a good Thai place),hospitals both public and private,good sporting facilities. I can go on a lot more.If your interested in city that has all you need and is not to big or to small I would recommend Bendigo. As a place to live and buy I would definately recommend it (not as cold as Ballarat, not as big as Geelong).As a place to invest in investment properties I would probably hold off a little longer as prices have hit their peak and have subsided a bit but I think there is more romm for it to go down a little more. If you are looking for postively geared property here forget it, it doesnt exist anymore, but if your looking for the long term no problem capital growth will occur as the infrastructure here is good. I’m only to happy to talk to another forumite and if need be show you around, if interested please P.M. me and I will provide further details.Martin[biggrin]

There are 3 types of people:1. People who make things happen.
    2. People who watch what happens.
    3. People who wondered what happened.

@shellby

Brisbane 04,
    thanks, you’re a gem! And yes, we’ve always had the same thoughts with other cities. Ballarat is too cold & have family in Geelong, but we’ve always enjoyed the climate and other attractions up your way. I will definately pm you, just wanted to acknowledge my thanks to you here, with your generous reply.
    Cheers, Shellby.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.