All Topics / Value Adding / Singleton Beach Estate

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Sorry Mei,
    Bad habit. I always build in pairs.
    Usually on duplex blocks, but I can’t find too many that work atm.

Redwing, I thought that was on the mydmap they included with the article. If that is the case, it will definitely impact on the area ??
    But they did mention that it was all due to go ahead withing two years, so it could take two years before Amarillo starts ??
    If its all two years down the track, there must be a political reason for releasing the information now..

kp

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Fed Government and State Goverment arguing over money for the proposed hwy..

Be interesting to see if this all progresses things..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of Bob DobelinaBob Dobelina
    Participant
    @bob-dobelina

Wow, awesome to see visionary sandgropers leading the way in this area. If there’s room in this co-operative that’s being suggested, I’d like in as well!

What’s a little -ve cf between half a dozen people?

Bob

Profile photo of Bob DobelinaBob Dobelina
    Participant
    @bob-dobelina

Did anyone see the story in the same paper about the development in Murdoch on top of the Park n Ride? What the…?

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

I saw it….
    I read it….
    That whole area is going to take off now…..and become a real hub of activity.
    Anywhere you poke a stick at in WA seems to be going off.

Has anyone mentioned the bu*ble word yet ??

kp

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Thought it was time to *bump* this…

Any local experts ( Marisa ??? Ausprop ???, etc) know if the next release in Singleton went ahead yet, and if so what price did the latest blocks come on at ?

Anyone willing to speculate what the existing blocks might be worth now, compared to their release price ?

Seems like it has been marketed for quite some time with no price variations from the initial release prices…

kp

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

well the equivalent block to what I was buying but in the next stage seemed to be $20k dearer. At $170k it still seems pretty cheap to me.

the stage 5 price list on the website is wel out of date

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Stage 6 not officially released yet, though should be shortly, and posted on site.

My understanding is that there will be 3 smaller lots (500 sqm2) in this stage which will be priced around $160,000.
    Traditional blocks (610 sqm2) will commence at $185,000 up.

Think there is still 1 or 2 blocks left in stage 5 under $160,000, though I think odd blocks, narrow frontage.

Profile photo of kenkoh2000kenkoh2000
    @kenkoh2000
    Originally posted by Derek:

Mandurah WA

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Dear Derek,

1. Like you, I used to think so until I re-visited Singleton Beachside Estate recently together with Dave.

2. To my own surprise, Singleton is actually located with the City of Rockingham Shire and not under Mandurah, as indicated by the local sign-posting. This is can be further confirmed with a Street Directory for Perth.

3. This has specially significance for me as it does make a big difference to where I am developing my properties in order to qualify for the Australian Permanent Residency.

4. Like some of the forumites, I was once wondering why the land at Singleton is relatively cheap a year or 2 ago, until I was told to keep away from investing in that area as that there was some unconfirmed reports that some of the land were previously reported to be contaminated. Exactly where, my associate in Perth did not specifiy but was told that the adverse publicity made in the local newspapers some 15-20 years ago.

5. The views at Singleton Beachside Estate as well as Singleton Heights Estate looks good to me.
    However, I am still trying to verify the unconfirmed reports about the land contamination before I actually decide to invest there.

6. For your kind update,please.

7. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Profile photo of kenkoh2000kenkoh2000
    @kenkoh2000

Dear Marisa,

1. How long have you been living in Singleton? Perhaps, you can help me verify/confirm about the land contamination issue in Singelton?

2. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Gosh thats interesting about the contamination…..

Anyone known the area going back many years?
    Ausprop, your parents had a hosue there??

Was there any industry that has since been closed down?
    What could the possible contamination be: asbestos? chemical? PCBs’? byproduct from tannery works ( Robb’s Jetty area)?

The whole area used to be sleepy sidings off the main road where some lucky few has holiday and beach shacks. ( Golden Bay, Singleton, Madora Bay. even Mandurah)

kp

Participant
    @ausprop

I can’t recall any industry there going back as far as my memory serves – approx 1975. I really don’t think they would allow a subdivision on contaminated land anyway. in inner city redevelopmnent areas where there is contamination 10 meters down the developers were forced to note it on the title and obviously disclose prior to the sale.

it is correct that it is the City of Rockingham. whislt mandurah is still pretty good, Rockingham is even better when it comes to approvals… they are turning approvals around in 1 to 2 weeks.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi Kenneth,

I dont live in Singleton, but have been researching this southern coastal area for some time now.

Land Contamination, I think this is an absolute nonsense!!!

What industry is in Singleton??? Garage Station at Entrance

Council, and also various Government departments, ie environment, land and management have no documented reports whatsoever regarding contaminated sites in Singleton.

Also stated that they would doubt this would be possible considering there is no industry in area.

As I personally see it, Singleton is a great area and would be a shame for you to miss out on an opportunity to buy undervalued coastal land.

If you are still concerned I recommend that you contact Rockingham Council and various government departments and also local RE Agent (Draco) who has sold in area for many years and can provide background info.

Regards
    Marisa

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Amen!!
    And thanks to Marisa’s due dill and alerting forumites to this area and the subdivision, a few of us have managed to get on board and should do well with our investment.

kp
    (I wonder if maybe the garage’s tanks leaked and contaminated the sandy soil under the subdivision….lol)

Profile photo of the.jthe.j
    @the.j

Hi Kenneth,

I am with the rest of the forumites regarding contamination.

Your informant would have been speaking about the New South Wales town of Singleton and it’s mining activities.

For example: NSW Dept. Environment & Conservation Auth.
    http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/soe/97/ch2/9_1.htm

“Surface and groundwater systems in the region show signs of stress. Two particular aspects of the region’s water needs that are of interest are the quantity and the quality of water available, particularly in relation to salinity, nutrient and bacterial levels:

* because of excessive bacterial levels in the Hunter River at Aberdeen, Muswellbrook and Singleton in 1994-95, these parts of the river were determined as unsuitable for primary contact recreation. All sites except Murrurundi and Singleton met the guidelines for secondary contact recreation, stock watering and irrigation usage. Water quality at a number of other sites has been determined as unsuitable for human consumption without further treatment”

WA’s Singleton is absolutely gorgeous and I am envious of all of you that have interest there [cap]

Cheers
    J

Profile photo of justgjtjustgjt
    Participant
    @justgjt

Hello

I live at Singleton Beach and have had dealings with the developer there (not Singleton Beach Estate). Some friends have also had dealings with him and they have not been good ones with lawyers and courst involved. I personally have not had any trouble.

Be careful with everything….

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi

Interesting, what kind of problems, and not sure which estate? Are you referring to Bayshore?

How long have you lived in Singleton and what are your thoughts on the area.

Thanks, M

Profile photo of justgjtjustgjt
    Participant
    @justgjt

Hello M

Since 2003 and yes it is Batshore. My partner had her house slab height adjusted down by 200mm just before the concrete was pored by the developer, with out her knowledge. This left 28 tonnes of sand on the site that had to be removed at her cost. Neighbours that sold are still having a 3 way issue with lawyers and courts over fencing and removal of sand. I belive that at the end of the day the developer roomed sand from a block that he did not own so as to avoid putting in retaining walls. A very messy affair to say the least. Overall, Singleton is a good place, nice and quite, although it does lack the infastructure and finese of other estates nearby like Secret Harbour and Madora Bay but I think this is because it has been developed on an underfunded budget. These are only my thoughts.

Regards,

G

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi justgjt

Thanks for that information on Bayshore.

There is lack of infrastructure not only in Singleton but also Secret Harbour, Golden Bay and Madora Bay however this has not stopped demand for these areas and I see this continuing.
    I would say this is probably more to do with lifestyle, the beach thing. Hegney Group basically stating the same and have recommended all these areas on many occasions.

From what I have seen along this coastal strip Port Kennedy is really the only area with reasonable infrastructure.

Cheers, M

Participant
    @ausprop

interesting comment about the infrastructure – I can’t think of amything that MAdora Bay has that Singleton doesn’t? In fact apart from the old tavern at Madora there is nothing else there… I agree infrastructure along that whole strip is poor.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.