All Topics / Value Adding / Singleton Beach Estate

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi all
    Thanks for your comments.

I am having a break at Madora Bay at present and just found out that there will be 3 beachfront blocks in Madora Bay sold in January 2006, only 1 will be auctioned. Each block will be 400 sqm2.

Also, I was told some months ago that Gail, Draco RE is the selling agent for this new release in Singleton (Bayshore Estate).

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

sorry to be living in the past but… Marisa our family beach house use to be # 1 Hooghly St. its about 15m from the breaking surf. sold it in 1991 for $75,000. always depresses me… I tell everyone who will listen.

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

I think it may be the same property that sold at auction 3 years ago for $410,000 our friends missed out on this property.

Got me curious now, I am going to check it out on my morning walk tomorrow

What a great location, you must have had some great times.

Our house is on Parmelia Way.

Marisa[biggrin]

Profile photo of meilin08meilin08
    @meilin08

Group buying – ill be into that!!!! [biggrin]

I’m absolutely fuming…. 6 weeks ago – I flew down to perth to buy at the village at wellard.

We were also looking for another block. Took marisa’s advice and went to look at S beach.
    Had 2 contracts drawn up for a corner block $138k and lot 19 – $145k…. by the time I got back to Singapore – spoke to my husband – ginned around – we missed the boat… [angry2]

Now the only 2 left in that stage are the elevated ones. Ausprop – i know your views on them – marisa wat do you think?? the elevated ones with the retaining wall for $169,000?

Mei

Participant
    @ausprop

would it be $405k in Nov 02? if so I would say that’s the one. they have reno’d it into a 2 storey. place is full of blue asbestos… I use to play in the cut offs as a kid – scary stuff. I can only cross my fingers. Dad hasn’t contracted asbestosis as yet and that was a good 25 years ago now.

Parmelia Way certainly rings a bell – must be close by.

Yes it was an awesome place and we had great times there. Back then it was like a town at the end of the world and there were plenty of fish to be caught. I think it has all changed quite a bit now. had some awesome teenage parties there too!

Profile photo of asdfasdf
    Participant
    @asdf

Those elevated blocks are definitely unique. Was contemplating those too but numbers didn’t quite stack up. Someone I got to look at it for me said that you could potentially get slight ocean views from a 2 storey. It would cost in excess of over $230K to put the simplest 2 storey (lofty style). Plus interest holding costs, finished product is conservatively $430K, probably $450K mark. Yes, it would be a nice home to live in but for an IP? Theres been a few discussions on here re building 2nd storeys too & from memory its not w/out its issues.

Then when I walked up there last weekend, I thought any ocean views you may get is really just a small strip in the horizon and that mainly you would be looking down on roofs! Food for thought….

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Group buying – ill be into that!!!! [biggrin]

I’m absolutely fuming…. 6 weeks ago – I flew down to perth to buy at the village at wellard.

We were also looking for another block. Took marisa’s advice and went to look at S beach.
    Had 2 contracts drawn up for a corner block $138k and lot 19 – $145k…. by the time I got back to Singapore – spoke to my husband – ginned around – we missed the boat… [angry2]

Now the only 2 left in that stage are the elevated ones. Ausprop – i know your views on them – marisa wat do you think?? the elevated ones with the retaining wall for $169,000?

Mei
    [/quote]

Ummm…..that would be me I guess Meilin.
    Anyway, you’ve done allright from your other property purchases….leave some for us poor folk.

Greed is a terrible thing !!!

At this stage, we will have to have a forumite party once we have all built down there.
    I vote we use Marisa’s place !!

kp

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I vote Marisa’s place as well..it’ll be built first[biggrin]

Group Buying Power sounds good to me..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi KP,
    what a great suggestion, happy to provide the venue, just dont forget the BIG TIP $$$$$$$

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Hmmmmm……
    I bring the sangers and beer.

You need a tip ?????

Never be rude to yer mamma….

Theres a tip..

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Oh by the way, I have a funny story to tell about the Celebrations sales rep. but its probably not fit to post on the forum….

The builders might be raking it in, but I fear the sales reps’ may be struggling.

kp

Participant
    @redwing

Yeah good one KP..

You’ve got a funny story but you’re not gunna tell us??

Dont ya just hate those type of people………….

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Ok…sorry I guess that was not fair.
    It was funny from my point of view but I don’t think he was too amused.
    Its quite a long story that took place over a week and involved a few calls.
    In short once I had clarified during the first call, that they could not organise a contract for at least 10 weeks, and then I could expect to wait a further 12 to 14 months for construction ( to be completed I assume), and that they were not taking any more orders for Sept or Oct, and that there were only 12 for Nov ( so I better get in quick !!!) I made an INSTANT decision not to use them.
    When I conveyed this to him he was not too happy.

Bottom line is he called me back and also gave my name to another rep to try and sell me an associate builders product.

Which part of NO didn’t he understand ??

My reasoning was simple. I had another builder that could build within a far more reasonable time frame albeit at a higher cost, so it was a trade off of extra cost vs holding costs and foregone rent. I chose to pay extra to get a house sooner.

The funny bit was the time, expense, and energy he wasted to in effect harass me because I said ‘NO’
    I mean this was a full on argument mobile phone to mobile phone ( hence his expense)
    He just could not accept that I could make that decision to build elsewhere because he was the ‘expert’ and I was the bunny customer that just has to accept that a waiting period of 12++ months is acceptable.

In the end I actually did remind him that as a menmber of the public, I still had the right to decide who I built with, and that I had exercised that right.

Sad in a way, but funny too.

Not so short after all…. there you go.

kp

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi Mei
    if you can still get a block in Singleton for $169,000 I would go for it.

I believe this still represents good value for beachside land, considering the size of the blocks and only a 10 minute walk to the beach.

If you can access today’s West electronically, great news for this area. Government involved in development of new satellite city upto 60,000 people. Location 3 kms inland from coastal suburbs – Secret Harbour, Golden Bay and Singleton.

Good luck

Participant
    @ausprop

with the announcement of the new satellite city 3kms inland of Singleton I think this has to be an even bigger winner than before. the beachside lots will be price pressured from the inland city.

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Hmmmmm….
    Is this going to impact on Singelton or not ?

I guess now there will be far more ppl visiting OUR beach in summer.
    But in addition there will be far more infrastructure going into the local area, ie…they said MANY schools etc ?

So you can bet there will be a big regional shopping centre as well.

And now maybe the train station will go ahead at Singleton as previously suggested.

Its all two yrs away before the land is released ….according to the news this evening.

I can just hear the advertising jingle now….’Is this the way to Amarillo?’

kp

@meilin08

Hey KP
    I know you stole that corner block from me :) did you take 19 as well……[angry2]

Spoke to Mike – apparently stage 6 released this weekend. Mike said he would email me the price list. Will see what is on offer.

Mei

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Hi Mei in Singapore…..
    No ma’am,
    Lot 101 was the other one.
    I know who has an option on 19…..if its not exercised, maybe you should pick it up ?

As it is, looks like I have forumites as neighbours on both blocks, as well as across the road, and that forumite has a block in the Anchorage estate, which is neighbouring another forumite….and we’re all having a BBQ at Marisa’s once she has built…( heh!!)

Anyway, I heard that stage 6 was coming on at around $200k ?? so it will be interesting how this impacts on teh existing lots and property prices.

kp

@meilin08

KP,

Do you really need 2 blocks!!![biggrin]
    Give me my corner one back – joke…

Tried to pm you but can’t.

Mei

Participant
    @redwing

See with Amirillo they are talking about diverting the Perth-Bunbury Hwy???

wasn’t that supposed to be started by now??

REDWING

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.