All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing in USA

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of pete rpete r
    @pete-r

Hi

I’m keen to invest in the USA through either Westan or Alvin or others on this forum offering a similar service. I was wondering if any readers have had any experiences with any of these people and if so I would be really grateful for your opinions, either good or bad.

In particular I would be interested in:
    1. Have there been any problems either with the purchases or renting of the properties?
    2. Have these people been reliable and accurate?
    3. Are the properties in the condition stated?
    4. Are the sale prices of the properties close to market prices or are they inflated?
    5. Has there been much in the way of tenant turnover?
    6. Are the rentals sustainable?
    7. How much capital growth has occured in these investments?

I hope to get enough feedback to allow me to pursue this further with at least one of the parties.

pr

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

For honesty and integrity I don’t think you can go past either of these guys.

Cheers Richard

Ph: (07) 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com

IP funding and US property finance
    our speciality

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of pete rpete r
    @pete-r

Thanks Qlds, just the sort of thing I need to hear. One question though, is that recommendation based on your own personal experiences or those of others as well?

pr

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

pete r

I own my own properties in the US and have done so for 20 years back from my UK days so i havent purchased a property through Westan or Alvin.

In saying that I have I believe helped over 50 of their clients in arranging finance in the US and not a single one of them has ever had a bad word to say.

Cheers Richard

Ph: (07) 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com

IP funding and US property finance
    our speciality

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of pete rpete r
    @pete-r

Richard

Thanks very much for that information, your help is much appreciated. That’s a pretty impressive record and gives me the confidence to deal with them.

Regards

pr

Profile photo of kiwiduvetkiwiduvet
    @kiwiduvet

having just returned from my third trip there, would put one disclaimer you would be nuts to buy there without seeing the properties for yourself, and gettign afeel for the actual vacancy situation in any particular area, stats are oen thing the reality of seeing the vacant units is another

when the going gets weird the weird turn pro

Profile photo of RikkyRikky
    @rikky

Pete I’m in texas looking at + cash flow propertys with capital gains at the moment and it looks like a good place to invest I will be investing here. I looked into Buffalo and Rocchester but was not impressed. Good cash flow but big problems. I’m sure that everone has different thought.

Kind regards Rick

Monopoly, my favourite game

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Guys

Richard thanks for the positive feedback. I’m actually suprised no one has put something negative about us. We have done over 100 deals in NZ (mainly in 2004) and over 70 in the US in 2005. We aren’t perfect and things go wrong for investor sometimes. The great thing about our team in the US is they are committed to our clients and will work with them to solve any problems.

kiwiduvet, i agree its best if buyers can make the trip. I’m pleased that a number of our buyers have made repeated trips always picking up more homes (so i see that as a sign of confidence). We are taking two small tour groups to the US in a week, to show where we are buying and the quality of the properties.

Rick, when i looked at Buffalo and Rochester back in 2004 like you i was put off by some of the Data, it was only after i went there (which i did just in case it was ok) that i was very impressed with the place , i encourage you to make the trip. Agree Texas has some great opportunities
    regards westan

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com
    check it out !
    Properties in the USA 15-25% returns- email to join our database [email protected]

Profile photo of Marty_boyoMarty_boyo
    Participant
    @marty_boyo

Westan,

Can you add me to your Database
    [email protected]

Profile photo of GeoffBeckGeoffBeck
    @geoffbeck

Marty_Boyo,
    Suggest you email Westan your request. Westan is currently in the states on business, hence unlikely too pick up your request via the forum. By emailing Westan you’ll more likely to be added to his DB sooner than later.

Cheers
    GeoffB

Profile photo of Marty_boyoMarty_boyo
    Participant
    @marty_boyo
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.