All Topics / Help Needed! / House with drainage under it

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of viralkviralk
    @viralk

I need help. I am looking at buying one house and it has got the sydney water pipes going through that property. It is going through right in the middle of the property. Can anyone help and tell me any organisation who can give me details of that property like whether can i or I cannot build on that property, what would be the built up area etc. I spoke to council but useless and also to sydney water…any suggestions are welcome. Please help.

Kind regards
    viral

Profile photo of mummum
    @mum

Hi Viral

Have you checked with the “Dial before you dig” number (1100 I think) to see if the pipes are actually there? And where they are if they are there?

I am surprised someone in Sydney Water can’t help. Try to find someone who knows about easements and the conditions imposed. Possibly the Land development or building approvals section may be somewhere to start.

Profile photo of jhopperjhopper
    @jhopper

Hi viral and Mum,

Sydney Water really should be able to tell you whats going on, its their pipe after all. Dial Before You Dig will tell you where and what it is but doubt they can give much more.

As for what you can do, Service providers really don’t like people building over their pipes. This is just in case something breaks and they cant get to it. Options really are to build around it which can be limiting or get it moved. Depending what it is, moving is usually the most viable but has a cost. Sometimes you can concrete encase a pipe but thought that was usually just for short lengths, not for a whole pipe.

I would try Sydney Water again, and again, and again. If its theirs, they will tell you!

cheers

Jan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.