All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Hybrid Discretionary Trusts ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of WASPWASP
    @wasp

I have read a bit about Trusts and have some questions about a hybrid discretionary trust with a comapny trustee

say i borrow $300,000 from a bank at 7 1/2 percent then buy units in a hybrid trust,the trust then buys the property at $290,000 with $10,000 costs

it gets $270 per week rent or $300 per week fully furnished

is it the same as a normal investment where the rent gets paid to a property manager each fortnight/month

then the trust pays me the profits each month so i can pay the interest only loan

what about the shortfall?

do i have to gift it to the trust, how about rates, insurance, real estate fees, repairs?

if i have acompany can i have an AGM?

Do i pay myself or partner a wage for doing the boos etc and if so do i have to pay super, compensation etc, or do ipay just enough to do without paying tax?

Sorry for so many questions but i’m thinking others would be interested, can anyone post some helpful advise here?

Wasp

Its not what you earn but what you do with what you earn

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

The trust would get all the rent either directly or from the proeprty manager. You would claim the deduction of interest against all of your personal income, and the trust would make distributions of the profit to you. The trust should be making a profit as the major expense, interest, is being paid by you personally.

If you pay yourself a wage, then you would have to declare it as income, so there may be no real point. It would be better, probably, to have hte trust make a larger profit so this could be distributed to one of the beneficiaries.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.