All Topics / Value Adding / Sub-division Costs?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of EllyHEllyH
    @ellyh

Hi,
    I’m considering my first IP and the block is large enough to sub-divide. Can anybody help me out with a rough idea of what it costs to sub-devide. I have spoken to the Council concerned (Hornsby NSW) but didn’t get very far – they need to see plans etc before estimates can be given – unfortunately I need to work out my costings to see if it’s a viable option.
    Council have quoted $700 for the DA (non-intergrated), but I’ve had no luck getting estimates for the S94 contribution (I’ve left numerous messages on voicemail!), linen plan fee or the sub-devision construction certificate fee.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Elly

Profile photo of roborobo
    @robo

We did a dual occ abot 3 years ago in Coffs, s94 was about 5,000. to do it now on the same block would be 13,000. i think it goes on when the land was originally subdived (don’t quote me on that).
    We just did a strata for the 2 houses, council cost 300 to get da aproved. Surveyor was 400 to do draft plan to get da and 2,500 for linen plan to go to lands title office, and another 200 for council to sign off on linen plan. Lands title fee is about 8-900 for each plan all up about 10,000 or so. plus solicitor costs and bank has to sign linen plan because of mortgage on it. everyone has their hand out?
    robo

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Elly H
    I’m in WA, but there would be some similarities.

As well as surveying and council fees there will be fees for headworks – that is sewer, water and electricity connection from the road to new block. Also if there is gas you usually have to apply for a new connection. In WA each headwork is about $2000, so the whole block soon comes up to $12 – $15,000.
    The good thing is that you can usually sell the established house for about the same or more than you bought it, so the block will cost little or nothing when all is done.

Another, more cost effective way is to build/subdivide at the same time. This way a lot of the service connection comes into the building cost (siteworks etc), and a lot of builders incorporate the planning applications etc into the building cost. You do pay something, but it is less than a straight-up subdivision.

Regards Julie [blush2]

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Go back to your Council and ask for a Pre Lodgement meeting. This is where you sit down with a town planner who will give you more accurate figures. Take a plan of the property showing where buildings are located and mark in the new boundary, sewer, water etc, and go from there as all Council have different fees.

AJBS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.