All Topics / Overseas Deals / Nth Island Hot Spots!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of LukeNealeLukeNeale
    @lukeneale

I am an Aussie investor, who will be heading to NZ next week (for the first time) and will start in Hamilton with a couple of meetings. Does anyone have any ideas as the best places to look seriously for some good deals. I have an agent lined up for some places in Tokoroa already but am starting to get a little stressed out with the news about the mill.
    I only have 4 days in NZ and if anyone would like to meet to discuss possible deals or JV’s, would be more than happy to do so.
    Love to hear from you.
    Luke

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Luke

Please note that the biggest mill in Tokoroa that employs about 950 workers is not closing.

However another of CHH’s mill(the plywood mill) has closed one shift with the loss of 40 jobs. Some of these workers will be leaving Tokoroa and moving to Australia. There will still be 200 other workers continuing with the other shifts.

And yet another CHH mill – a remanufacturing mill is closing and being relocated in Rotorua.

These changes have come about because of the housing down turn in Australia.

If you want a chat, send me a PM and we could set up a meeting.

Regards

Join us at http://www.propertytalk.com

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi LukeNeale
    not sure of the market but if you find commercial in high growth with neg return in the $500,000.00 mark get the details and let me know

here to help

Profile photo of cymberlineshakespearecymberlineshakespeare
    @cymberlineshakespeare

Seems everyone starts in Tokoroa! You know I personally think the returns are better in Invercargill and there is less risk involved as there is no reliance on a single company. Invercargill has shown slow but steady grown and still has reasonable returns.

Cymber

Profile photo of LukeNealeLukeNeale
    @lukeneale

Thanks cymber,
    I am here at the moment in NZ and have decidied against Tokoroa. There are some great deals in other cities, namely Hawera, Hamilton and Wellington. I dont have time this time to go to the south Island, but I heard Invercargill was great also.
    Luke

Profile photo of cymberlineshakespearecymberlineshakespeare
    @cymberlineshakespeare

Luke,

Hawera would be interesting I was reading one of the other forums recently that suggested there are good developments taking place there.

I hope your trip was successful!

Cymber

@lukeneale

Cymber
    Just moved house so havent been on for a while. Trip was very successful, will go back in a couple of weeks no doubt!
    Cheers
    Luke

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi Luke,

So did you buy IP’s on the lastest trip. If you decide to fly freedom for the next trip lets hope they get the new air buses up and running on the sydney dunedin route. Those 737 400’s are very squeezy!

[email protected]
    NZ Investors & Property Spotters
    Renovations & Project Management
    Email now to receive info on the lastest deals!

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

@lukeneale

Don & Liz,
    Made an offer on a 10 room boarding house, returning 11%. Needs some work and this can be increase to over 15%. Am waiting on reply from vendor as there are quite a few ‘fun’ clauses in the offer. Will probably have to go back to Hamilton if offer is accepted as Im trying to nail down 80% finance which isn’t easy considering the nature of the property.
    Am planning a trip to the south Island near the end of November. Maybe we can catch up for a coffee and share some ideas.
    Let me know if you hear of any other good deals and I apprecaite your responses

Luke

Profile photo of RightChoiceRightChoice
    Participant
    @rightchoice

Hi Luke,
    Get some accounting advice regarding 80% LVR, I was told there were some tax issues with non-residents getting more than 75% LVR so I did 70% LVR on my NZ IPs
    Good Luck
    Cheers
    Glenn

Right Choice Investments

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Will Do!

[email protected]
    NZ Investors & Property Spotters
    Renovations & Project Management
    Email now to receive info on the lastest deals!

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.