All Topics / Value Adding / Coolamon land release in Ellenbrook, WA – comments

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of vernonvernon
    @vernon

Hi all,

Anyone have comments regarding the upcoming release of land on 17 Sept 2005?

http://www.ellenbrook.net

any comments about Ellenbrook? (Other than “stay there if you are wine lover and would like to be close to the vineyards”?) [biggrin]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I like the area and have an IP there..

CG has been great (about 17-18% for each of the last 2 years)

Prices will move upwards as Ellenbrook and Vale (John Roberts of Multiplex ) continue to grow..PLUS you just know that the Swan Valley is getting bigger and better each year (as a bonus the Margaret River Chocolate Factory and Wineries, Cafés , Restaurants, The Vines Resort are all close by) PS_ Spring in The valley starts soon..

I’m Bullish about the area and the new shopping complex, café strip etc at Ellenbrook.

[thumbsupanim]

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of Cabo WaboCabo Wabo
    Participant
    @cabo-wabo

I’ve also an IP in ellenbrook. The place is gonna be a real lil mini city. Its at that point where a lot of development is about to finally come into its own, and make the place bloom. Its been developing for a decade or so now. I think any suburd in the immediate area will do real well in the next few years as people start to sit up and take notice.[drummer]

Cabo Wabo

Participant
    @redwing

The area we bought in is a stones throw to two different lake areas and the ‘Dress Circle Area’.

With our negotiations I believe we got a bargain and I will revalue it in 3 months from O&A date.

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of Bob DobelinaBob Dobelina
    Participant
    @bob-dobelina

Well done Redwing.

I must be honest, I have not kept my eye on that area but I am now also starting to “sit up and take notice”. Was your prop cf+ when you got it though?

Bob

Participant
    @redwing

Not initially +CF Bob..

It would be now with the deposit I’ve put on it, plus it will be a fully furnished (more cash flow) and of course I’ve enlisted Scott of Depreciator fame http://www.depreciator.com.au to get a QS schedule done on the property, as it looks like depreciation heaven to me what with all the quality fittings and fixtures.

Rents in the area are quiet good and the area is only about 10 years old, with more development and infrastructure happening..all positive news.

If you have access to GOOGLE EARTH check the area out via satellite and have a leisurely drive around ELLENBROOK, the VALE and the SWAN VALLEY..stop in for a great Hot Chocolate at the Margaret River chocolate Factory or try the free chocolate samples or drop into one of the many restaurants, café’s, wineries, boutique breweries, market gardens etc..the area is ‘very busy’ and has huge potential IMHO, at the least it’s worth a look.

REDWING

Profile photo of BonnieBonnie
    Participant
    @bonnie

While we are on the topic of Ellenbrook/Vale/Swan Valley, I’m wondering if I could ask for a little advice.
    We have one of the last acre blocks of land available in The Vines, and since we have decided to build in The Vale we are wanting to sell the block. Can anyone recommend to me a decent asking price for this block? It is directly opposite a multi-million dollar mansion with many other beautiful houses on the quiet street.
    Apparently the Vines will not be releasing any other acre blocks from here on in.
    Any suggestions on price would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of WASPWASP
    @wasp

My first point of call would be to get 3 local real estate agents to give you a ball park valuation, remembering the highest price usually just wants your business, so split the difference, you then have something to think about and if you wished you could get a registered valuer to appraise the property, the next hurdle is when you decide you want to sell

Wasp

Its not what you earn but what you do with what you earn

Participant
    @bonnie

Thanks for that WASP. I Should have mentioned that I did actually get a couple of evaluations done last week but they seemed to come out quite high (not that I’m complaining) so that’s why i thought I’d run it by the knowledgable people on this forum to see what they thought. The evaluations came out between $350,000 and $385,000. Does this seem fair or too high? If you all think it seems fair I’ll put it on the market ASAP for $350,000 ono privately.

Participant
    @bonnie

Thanks for all the private messages guys. Glad to know that most of you think this price is very reasonable. Is there anyone out there that may be able to help me sell this block of land privately?

Participant
    @redwing

There are a few companies such as ANREPS etc in WA..

You can also list for free on WayneL2’s site from memory..maybe PM him?

REDWING

Participant
    @bonnie

Thanks for that redwing – will do.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.