All Topics / Opinionated! / Only 1 mentor for all 250 results participants

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Profile photo of Gembeau2Gembeau2
    @gembeau2

Hi Steve

As you know I answered Elly’s post, and was trying to reply to your answer when it seems you decided to move all the posts to “opinionated” an area which is less visited by your by forum uses!

Her post was a statement which you should have informed people about and that is you have employed one person only a chap called Brendon to “mentor” all 250 people.

It is true my reply post was opionated but this is a topic that should be left up for all to see.

In your reply you say it is “hard to know how many people to recuit as mentors” – come on Steve you run a huge organisation and the maths of
    250/X = no of mentors is not difficult but you did make that decision and chose only ONE!

You then say ” you want to get the program started and see how it grows” – well that is fine for you, but where does that leave the people who have paid $2200 or $9,950 ??

I would like you to know that I am so disappointed by this whole scenerio because I am someone who has read all your books, I have been to your workshop/seminar and have followed what you have said with interest and respect.

I can only hope that you have just made a big error of judgement with not informing proposed ‘Results’ applicants with important information such as this, but I have to say it really does not look good.

Regards
    Helen

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi helen
    I must admit that I have a look at all sections and if the item is worth giving my opinion I do.
    I think that there seems to me to be alot of people all of a sudden who wish to keep knocking this web site or the people who run it my answer to this is the same as my answer to censorship on tv, if you don’t like it don’t buy it if you don’t like what you see turn it off.
    Thats my opinion for what its worth.

here to help

Profile photo of Gembeau2Gembeau2
    @gembeau2

Hi grossrealisation

OOH very huffy!!!!!

I believe you have missed the point – read Elly’s post and the replies in “opinionated”

Regards
    Helen

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi Helen,

I take your feedback on board but suggest that you lack all the facts here.

First up, there are three starting mentors – Dave, me and Brendan. That is, there are two ‘internal’ mentors and one ‘external’ mentor.

Furthermore, in addition to Brendan there is another person who starts in mid-November and then, on top of this, a further two people who have expressed a strong interest to be involved but whom I have requested to wait in the wings as it were and see how the program begins.

Also, for your info, our entire multi-million empire with 110+ properties, this website and various other business interests is run on a staff of…. three people (plus Dave and me).

In the end I think you are pre-judging me saying that I won’t be able to provide the service you expect without a full appreciation of the system that I have implemented, the expertise of the staff recruited and also the specific needs of those involved.

Now, you may be right and I may have made a huge error of judgement, but should this be the case I will make corrections and ensure that participants are happy with the outcome.

However, in the meantime I’d urge you to give the program a chance to find its feet, and for my planning and vision to be put to the test.

Finally, as this is an opinion, it is best placed on this forum as it was designed for that purpose. Traffic has nothing to do with it.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

@gembeau2

Ok Steve

Lets deal with a couple of facts here-

So the e-mail you now say is incorrect now 3 of you not ONE but you and Dave as well are there to help –
    but you also say”our entire multi-million empire with 110+ properties, this website and various other business interests is run on a staff of…. three people (plus Dave and me).”
    – so that will give you and Dave a lot of time?- NO.

You also state in your FAQ that you are only in contact through the mentor with the Premiun group.

Obviously things are changing since Elly’s post this morning because I am sure that had you already had these addtional people sign posted you would have said so in your reply to Elly – which you did not!!

Come on Steve I am not prejudging I am analysing a simple situation and at the moment this would not be a proposition I would buy – however if enough questions are asked and one can get the goal posts moved then maybe it may be changed to a positive situation. – Is that not what you teach??

However all said and done your literature was not transparent – you know it so do I

I know you like scenerio’s – this is mine If I go into a small Bistro I do not expect or complain if I do not get “silver service 5* service” however if I go to the 5* establishment I do expect and complain if I do not get that service.

Paying $9950 for this service means I have the right to expect and to complain if I am not going to receive it.

Regards
    Helen

PS Trust me I don’t want to loose faith!

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Helen,

All I can say is that I think your pre-judgement of me is misplaced.

You think it can’t be done with the resources I have budgeted to use, I think it can. Let’s agree to disagree and move on with the results being the true test.

As mentioned, I take your points on board. To prevent any confusion or misconception, I will send an email to all those who have pre-registered advising them of the current situation and also my plans to recruit further mentors as the program develops / as required by participants.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

@grossrealisation

hi Gembeau2
    I beg to differ I think it is you that has missed the point. I have read the posts and You should never look at only one side of a discussion nor should you think that some one else only looks at one side of this discusssion.I pass my opinion because it is my opinion and maybe if you read the posts you to would understand that i stand by my original post here nobody is forcing you to go pay or anything else I am not sure as toni posted in the opinionated section what this axe grinding is expected to achieve.
    I am interested to keep reading and it does make interested reading with my scotch but not sure what the purposes is
    I am sure that all the anti post won’t be at the mentoring programme( I will say I won’t be there)
    let the people who wish to be there and there seems to be many get the assistance that they think they will get and for you go and find a ip and start investing and worrying about that.
    oh and the last but not least I don’t like to be told I’m wrong when I think I’m right.

here to help

@gembeau2

Hi Grossrealisation

Well as you say we can agree to differ and miss the point all together.

It is always easy to acuse of axe grinding or something simular when there is a strong difference of opion. the main reason this is said is to make it personal and therefore debase the argument. there is nothing personal here, there is no axe grinding. It just one reader making sure all the other readers that want to be mentored see the full picture.

It is too late after you have paid and joined to say ” but I thought it was going to be …..”

I believe my arguments are valid and this can probably be substansiated by that fact that Steve says he going to send an e-mail to all the applicants.

You may not like being told you are wrong when you think you are right – who does- but if you are old enough to be drinking scotch I am sure you can probably cope! Maybe you are just drowning your sorrows with many other Australians today. Ashes to ashes and dust to dust.

Regards
    Helen

@gembeau2

Hi Steve

I think that is great if you are going to e-mail all concerned.

Next time I had better be the first to raise “a storm in a tea cup” if it gets a half hour conversation with el maestro!!

Regards
    Helen

Profile photo of quigglesquiggles
    @quiggles

I hope EllyH had the presence of mind to get some quick one on one mentoring in “just to get an example of what you are offering” of course!

[biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

Profile photo of EllyHEllyH
    @ellyh

Of course! The opportunity may never present itself again – free anyway.

Profile photo of munjymunjy
    @munjy

Is it possible to find out what kind of expertise the mentors (other than Steve and Dave of course) have?

How will they be matched up with the participants?

Munjy

Profile photo of EllyHEllyH
    @ellyh

Munjy,
    I strongly advise that you e-mail your Q to [email protected]

That’s what I did initially, and was told there is only 1 mentor (see my post also in this forum it has the e-mails and a response from Steve).

Cheers

Profile photo of ilearnerilearner
    @ilearner

I do not agree those all fors for Steve. I belive as an accountant of integrity he should come out to answer all these valid questions. $9000 is a lot of after tax money. Not all ordinary people are as clever as you (like grossrealisation), they might need peer information NOT one side story. Steve might be just like to get into the market at the time. Can you ask him how many he bought in Sydney market in last 1-2 years? Might be 0000.

Please keep the different opinion open

@grossrealisation

hi all
    well Gembeau2 I’m not one for the ashes but I am british and yes I am old enough to drink scotch and I will cope.
    I have not said that steve should not answer the questions that have been put to him ( nor am I here to defend steve I’m sure he can do that for himself without my help)
    I agree that the money that is being asked is alot of money and have also said that I won’t be attending. the people who are attending or have attended may well have a very good number of questions its the way the questions are asked don’t shoot the pigeon shoot the message.
    I think that a lot of post were not adressing the issues that were trying to be made and if you read my post I was explaining that you need to stand back from the discussion and give your input to clear away alot of what I see as rubbish.
    Remember that people like me have already stuck our flags up and did so at the start of this whole debate that I’m not one of the combatents I’m on the side line watching and reading.
    it maybe that the people that were going into this mentoring programme would have required the information to get a informed view well if this was the case the system that was used from my point looking at it from here it wasn’t very well done an ordilly list of question with please answer these would have been alot more successfull and had that been put without any reference to anything personal then you may have got a different response and still probably would still today.

here to help

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

One area that may have been overlooked by some people is how experienced the mentors may be at mentoring. I read on this thread some people think that an hour a week is not enough to be mentored and that may be so for some, but a good experienced mentor will know what each individual requires and how best to mentor that person. A mentor is not there to answer questions on the spot but is normally informed of a situation and then later offers suggestions, ideas, alternatives, possible pros, possible cons and finally a stimuli to create or initiate responses or actions. The mentor guides and advises but doesn’t do the required response or action.

I have mentored groups of up to 100 (not in the investing area) and fully understand what faces the mentors. If a good system is in place and set up then 200 people is quite achievable but not ideal.

My understanding is that Steve has previously mentored a group of about 20 and that this mentoring was considered quite successful. It is now a matter of applying the same principles of mentoring that he used previously to a larger group.

It is also important for the people being mentored to understand how to get the best out of their mentor by giving the mentor enough time to be effective. If you expect a mentor to provide on the spot answers for everything then you most likely will end up being disappointed.

C2

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Steve and his organisation have much more to loose than the individaul mentorees, if this gets written up as a scam, their reputation is shot!

Why would they risk that on a mentoring program and get abused by people on their own forum, when they can make the same amount of money (EASIER) in property?

My guess is that they 1. want to increase their profile even further and 2. they are sure it will work out.

From the mentorees side, you need to work out what will work for you and as Gross said, if you dont like it stay out!!!

Personally, this kind of mentoring program will not work well for my invetment strategies as I have gone beyond overall property strategies, I know what I want and where to get it, and Im only working in a small niche market. The mentoring program might touch on what I do, but more likely offer overall strategies! thats what I dont want!

It wont work for me, so Im not in! It dosent mean that its not a great program or that I should now start rubishing what it wont do!

It will WORK for other people! So work out if the shoe fits you personally and leave other people to make up their own minds!!!

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Real Estate Agents, No Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of krskrs
    @krs

Bravo Dr X,

It will WORK for other people! So work out if the shoe fits you personally and leave other people to make up their own minds!!!

While I admit I haven’t been a “valued” contributor to this forum (yet), I just want to put my two bobs worth in and say thankyou to Steve, (and forum contributors), for allowing us to have this oppurtunity to share ideas, opinions and for those of us (me!!) who are just starting out, the ability to learn so much on a variety of subjects from the messages that are posted.

Now don’t get me wrong I am all for freedom of speech and debate, but of late, I have found some of these negative posts concerning. When I first came onto this forum I found the ideas and help in the posts refreshing and supportive and it really gave me momentum to continue to move forward in my property investing venture. It is disappointing to now come into the forum and have to “filter out” the messages that criticise the founders and contributors to this site for sticking their neck out and giving some of us beginners a hand to get started.

Steve and people like Redwing, grossrealisation, Dr X, Dazzling and everyone else who contributes so much to this forum you are legends!!! and I thankyou. I think some people enjoy being negative..for the rest of you positive like minded people, please continue to post your success and advice, it is inspirational!

Well done positive minded people, and again, I thank you all……

Krs

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.