All Topics / Opinionated! / One Mentor plus Steve for RESULTS!!!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Profile photo of EllyHEllyH
    @ellyh

Below is an e-mail and the response I got about the RESULTS program. If there are 200 standard and 50 premium participants, how is one mentor (Brendon) and Steve McKnight going to give the time required to develop each participant – because isn’t that what a mentoring coach is all about. I was very close to signing up for the program, but how can 1 man alone offer me a “dedicated service” (as it was described in the 16 page PDF we all got) along with the other 199 participants. There just aren’t enough hours in a week!!!!!

My e-mail read:
    Hi,

I have read through the information you have sent out regarding the RESULTS mentoring program and have the following Questions.

What qualifications do your mentors have, and how have they been picked? Do the qualifications of the mentors differ between those in the premium program and those in the standard program?

What happens if you don’t get on with your mentor?

How do you intend to match mentors with course participants?

How many course participants will 1 mentor be allocated?

Do you have proposed dates for the quarterly meetings?

Regards

Elly

And the response I received:

Hi Elly,

Thanks for your e-mail.

There will be one mentor working under Steve McKnight.

Steve has personally picked him, and believes Brendan (the mentor) is someone who can help course participants achieve real results.

Brendan has been personally mentored by Steve and Dave for several years, and has a level of real estate investing experience which Steve McKnight sees as more than adequate to help people in their investing journeys through the RESULTS program.

Dates for the meetings have not yet been finalised as yet.

Warm regards

Brent Hodgson
    PropertyInvesting.com

Profile photo of Gembeau2Gembeau2
    @gembeau2

Thank you for that Elly – I too was near to joining, – what a joke!

That mentor (Brendon) has been charged out at $100/pw to each hopeful person according to Steve McKnight’s accounts to us.
    Wwell that is:(100 X 250) x 52 = 1,300,000pa say he is only handling the standard package that is 200 of us it is still $1,040,000pa.

Worst still say he only “dedicates” 1 hour to each of us a week that is 200 hours a bit difficult when there is only 168 hours in a week!!!!!!!!!

So each of us would be paying $2,200 for one guy’s “mentoring” who does not have enough hours in the week to sustain a quater of us proffessionally.

Steve McKnight I am hugely dissappointed it teaches you again always read the small print and continuously ask questions.

I was seriously considering premium but I guess that is just one guy and you!! All I can say is the property market must be worse than I thought if you are having to go to these measures to raise money.

Profile photo of trisha007trisha007
    @trisha007

Hi all,

I am considering joining but not completely sold as yet as I do not know if i would benefit from such a program.

It sounds to me that if this is indeed a profiteering exercise and not a genuine mentoring program designed to assist unskilled and uneducated investors (like myself) then it is definitely disappointing.

Not to mention disheartening to us investors who already feel that investing is only for ruthless sharks and headhunters eager to get rich under the guise of business enterprises.

I am not suggesting that Steve or indeed anyone else here does fit into this category, but to a person who has been burnt undertaking a so called “investment”, I sincerely hope people do their research and go in with eyes open to anything.

It certainly makes being an honest wage earner all that more appealing!

Trisha

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi Elly,

Thanks for your concerns. I see where you are coming from, however I don’t agree with your conclusion.

It is hard to know exactly how many people to recruit to fill the position of coach / mentor prior to the program beginning. On one hand you want to ensure that people have access as their needs require, and on the other side we want to keep overhead costs as reasonable as possible to keep the cost of participation as low as we can.

Here’s what I will say though… I will only put my name to something if I’m happy that real value can be delivered.

My approach was to get started and then grow with the program as it requires, is that not reasonable?

I hope this has added some degree of clarification.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of sarge_80sarge_80
    @sarge_80

So that translates to: “In absence of a plan, avoid explaining the plan and instead say: ‘She’ll be right, mate.'”

[blink]

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

sarge_80,

There’s quite a detailed plan behind this concept.

It raises an interesting question… as a business owner, would you hire 30 employees without any customers, or wait until you have customers and then hire employees according to their needs?

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

@trisha007

What I would like to know, is if there is only 1 mentor, how does one remain focussed and committed,

for example: If I attend a health club, every time I visit I will be able to access one on one support to keep me motivated.

Also my understanding of a mentor is someone you trust, are familiar with, and look up to for guiding your ways,
    I do not know how this would be possible if there is only 1 hour or less allocated.

Forgive me if I am naive or cynical, I believe I would need quite a lot of understanding, and coaching to be able to realise any successful investing measures, due to fear and mistrust, as well as loathing of some unscrupulous people in the real estate world!

Trisha[blush2]

@gembeau2

Hi Elly

I was trying to reply to Steve’s reply when all your posts were moved to this Forum. I have replied back in the general section!!

I think Steve is wrong if he is now saying he is going to employ more “mentors” – but notice he has not actually said that in black and white, he has just given a scenerio. Also your e-mail about Brendon clearly states the mentor handpicked by Steve.

This will mean that people will start with Brendon then have to be moved to another mentor – well that will really help continuity.

This whole situation should not have happened but now it has Steve should come clean and explain to ALL – not just the few reading this.

It makes a nonsense of any of us idiots who were thinking of parting with $9,500 for a chap with not enough time to scratch his head.

Thank you Elly – I owe you a glass of champers.

Regards
    Helen

Profile photo of toni89toni89
    @toni89

Me thinks there is some other agenda going on here. If you dont like it, (the mentoring) dont get involved.
    Why dont you guys come clean and let us know what is really going on? It really sounds like there is some axe-grinding going on here.
    Oh, and by the way. The last time I had one-on-one at the gym, it was organised for a particular time, one hour per week and it cost me $55. So………. I dont really see your point Trisha 007
    Cheers
    Toni

Profile photo of EllyHEllyH
    @ellyh

Hi Helen,
    I have had an interesting day, it seems I have created a bit of a storm in a teacup – not at all what I set out to do, however I felt the information I was given in reply to my questions needed to be made available to others.

As a result of my post I had the pleasure of a half hour phone conversation with Steve McKnight this afternoon (he called me), during which I was able to advise Steve of my concerns with his decision to have only 1 mentor, all of which he acknowledged and agreed with had he been in my position.

Steve’s response was that at this stage he is unsure of just how many people are going to sign up for the program, however he had another 10 or so coaches who have already expressed their interest in working as a mentor on the RESULTS program, and if needed him and Dave would be available to assist. The downside to this is there may be a change of mentor part way through the program. Furthermore, Steve advised his decision in relation to employing only 1 mentor at this time was based partly on his experience with the Mappers and how much time each of them required (some a lot and others very little), and his ability to be able to make this program available to as many people as possible by keeping costs down.

I have made a decision that this program may not be for me at this time – if I am to pay for the services of a mentor I want that person to know me and my style inside out, and I don’t feel Brendon will have the ability to do that if he is mentoring more than 20 people, and possibly up to 200.

I will however be watching from the wings with great interest and I wish Steve and the program all the very best.

In relation to the champers, I live on the Northern Beaches in Sydney, perhaps you could send me an e-mail – networking!!!

Regards
    Elly

Profile photo of quigglesquiggles
    @quiggles

EllyH,

I think you were right to raise concerns and also right to post you decision and conclusions. The same info will not lead to the same conclusions for everyone, I hasten to add.

I think the point that some may have missed is that Steve and Dave have a brand name, a value, that they can’t really afford to compromise in the pursuit of a short term dollar. If they get pilloried by paying customers (and I point out that no-one posting here pays to do so) then not only will they have cost themselves considerably but it will pretty much be the first time.

Given that, it’s probably incumbent on those who don’t wish to partake to practise a little restraint in crticising – after all, to criticise a program BEFORE it starts on the basis that it can’t deliver the results is a mighty leap of negative faith.

EllyH has set out clear reasons why she’ll pass, but she’s doing so on the basis of good and thorough information and applying that to her circumstances.

Might be nice for others to hold the personal criticism down for a while eh?

@gembeau2

Hi Quiggles

In answer to your question No I don’t think one needs to hold opinion – if people can’t see and hear two sides of a discussion including criticism and come up with their own point of view there is something seriously wrong.

The more facts one has they more likey you are to make a good decission. I believe more facts have been shown and as Steve says he is going to e-mail all applicants.

That is the reason for opinion and discussion not to be negative as you think – to be enlightened.

You know Steve is a person not an icon he can make mistakes and can be questioned without fear.

Regards
    Helen

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

IMHO If you’re seriously interested then chase up more details, if your not, then wait and watch.

[grad]

Steve’s last group seemed pretty happy overall and certainly enhanced their wealth creation strategies; I believe the majority of us enjoyed the last book?

I’m always aware of the fact that Steve is open to huge and open criticism; I’m sure if anyone not happy whilst on the mentoring program spits the dummy, they will be airing their grievances here and on other forums we frequent…

I wish anyone on the program the best of luck, we all started somewhere and every day someone posts here on the forum looking for help, a strategy, a plan etc, problem being most people starting out don’t even know what they don’t know.

I’ve learnt a lot from valued contributors to the Forum, more than I’ve learnt from Steve’s books or newsletters.. However,I’m indebted to him (and Jan at Somersoft)for establishing the forum as he’s given us all a chance to learn from each others experiences and knowledge.

Will I join the mentoring program..probably not; but as I said, I wish everyone on it the best of luck as I’m sure they will all benefit immensely, I have every faith they will learn a lot from Steve and his Team.

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of munjymunjy
    @munjy

Does Brendan have any qualifications besides having been mentored by Steve and Dave? What kind of real estate success/failures has he had in the past? What of the other 10 mentors?

If he has made AND lost money, I’d be more interested in a mentor that has seen both sides of the coin. I’d be willing to learn off someone poorer than me, if they had the right experience.

No criticisms from me so far, just want more info before spending my money!

Munjy

@trisha007

If people did not disagree, or even agree to disagree what a boring world we would live in indeed!

To Toni, I was merely stating what I had experienced at my health club, having the knowledge that someone is always there to help/ encourage you certainly does motivate one further.

I also do not think this mentoring program is for me at this point in time, as I would certainly need a lot of encouragement and 121 sessions for me to feel confident in this area.

But who knows, maybe there will be plenty of new mentors ready to share their skills once they have completed the program!

Good luck to all in their endeavours.

Trisha[biggrin]

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

So many negative people!!! boy get a life.

It takes one person to lead an army – Anthony Robbins comands audiences of thousands – if you r not prepared to spend a MEASILY few thousand bucks then what are u doing here.

The bloke has purchased over 100 properties and a couple of grand is the cost of a small picket fence … miserable sods.

resiwealth[baaa]

Profile photo of Cabo WaboCabo Wabo
    Participant
    @cabo-wabo

I like your picket fence analogy dude… very humorous indeed. Nice one…

Cabo Wabo

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing
    Originally posted by resiwealth:

So many negative people!!! boy get a life.

It takes one person to lead an army – Anthony Robbins comands audiences of thousands – if you r not prepared to spend a MEASILY few thousand bucks then what are u doing here.

The bloke has purchased over 100 properties and a couple of grand is the cost of a small picket fence … miserable sods.

resiwealth[baaa]

I prefer to think of myself as a t*ghtass more so than a miserable sod resi [biggrin]

A couple of grand for a small picket fence doesn’t worry you?? now i know i am a t*ghtass,[blink] next thing you’ll be telling me i need more than 2 shirts in my wardrobe and my shoes need to be replaced more often than every 4 years [biggrin]

Speaking of positive posts..I wish some of the RESULTS members would post some positive posts here telling us about their acquisitions or deals on the boil as a result of their membership..is anyone up there?? [withstupid](sorry..only arrow i could find pointing up..)

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi all
    i’d be interested if do the people in the programm feel its worth it and what have they gained.

here to help

Profile photo of KDTKDT
    @kdt

Hi All
    Well, you’ve called for a reply from a RESULTS participant. Well, here it is.
    I’ve learned a hell of a lot since starting the program. Without going into detail as far as I’m concerned it is worth it.
    All I can say after reading what’s been written here is that there seem to be people who wont open their minds to change and/or seem to suffer from sour grapes.
    At the end of the day, its up to each individual as to which way they go but please dont flame the program without having all the information first.
    Regards
    Phil
    RESULTS participant

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.