All Topics / General Property / Edgewater-MARIBYRNONG??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs

Hi guys and girls,

I was wondering if anyone could share their views on what they thought about the new Edgewater development on the Maribyrnong river, just behind Flemington Racecourse in Victoria. Been looking at it and it seem like a really good spot-7ks from the city, plenty of parks, scenery and on the water, close to public transport etc.

The prices are a bit steep but on paper it seems to me like a winner, after all where else would you have all these features within 7ks of the city?? Any opinions appreciated as I am seriously considering buying there.

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

can u buy off the plan and save on stamps?

cheers

brahms
    Purveyor of Fine Finances
    aka Mortgage Broker Brisbane

Profile photo of RikkyRikky
    @rikky

I bought land there 2 years ago and owner built my house that I now live in. I think that it is very good buying , I belive in a couple of years when it is fully developed with all the restarunts, cafes and everthing in its place the true value will come out. I am just about to sell my place to move my money into essendon , but only because thats were I want to settle.

Cheers Rick

Monopoly, my favourite game

Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs

Thanks for the replies.

Yes you can buy off the plan. On this topic though-they are doing it so that you dont have to pay until settlement, therefore ownership resides with the builder until settlement. This has me wondering if I would still save on all the normal stamp duty etc under this arrangement??

Participant
    @blogs

Bump…please some help/opinions???[blush2]

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

I have a mate who lives in that area. I think its a great place and will be very expensive once it is fully developed.

Participant
    @blogs

Thanks, how about the stamp duty prob? will I still save it even though ownership isnt transfered till the settlement??

Participant
    @blogs
    Profile photo of hmackayhmackay
    Participant
    @hmackay

Hi Bloggs,

I bought a townhouse in Rimfire Walk Maribyrnong about 2 years ago for $333K. I tried to sell recently but could not get any offers above $300K.

This area appears to be saturated with a heaps of townhouses from a few developments that were completed in the last year or so.

Your development sound a bit different and may have water views. i would suggest doing a good check on sales and rentals for the area.

As for saving stamp duty by purchasing off the plan…….I think you should be able to get it, but seek advise from your solicitor.

Hope this is of some help, regards.

hrm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.