All Topics / General Property / Steve McK (revised post)

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Profile photo of pete rpete r
    @pete-r

Isn’t it interesting how things are viewed in isolation and taken out of context? The mentoring program is one aspect of Steve’s business, but then there are other aspects including this forum.

I notice that you have numerous posts on this forum markpatrick, implying that you either find it valuable or at least interesting. There is no compulsion to read or contribute yet you do. It takes some effort to maintain a forum site and Steve also gives up his time free of charge to respond to fellow investors’ questions.

Each of us has a choice and we are free to choose whether we buy a book, attend a seminar or enrol in a course. You pay to go to university, without any guarantees of graduating or of becoming wealthy. None of us looks at the universities as using us and making money off us, yet we focus on that issue when it suits.

All I can say is that Steve and Dave and his team provide a great service to those of us who wish to take advantage of their exerience as part of our residential property investing education.

As for forking out money and expecting miracles, one way to increase the likelihood of success is education (learning with open mind). Some obviously view the mentoring as a worthwhile investment in their education and they are entitled to hold that view. Although education is not an asset you can sell, it is an asset that can improve the results when purchasing other types of assets.

The alternative is to fork out lots more money in an investment that fails, and unfortunately there have been many uneducated buyers who lost lots more than the investment in Steve’s mentoring program.

pr

Profile photo of markpatrickmarkpatrick
    @markpatrick

absolutely you are entitled to do with your money what you want, I only question people with limited funds going in with rose coloured glasses, and there would be a very high % of those.
    To be honest no, I can`t say I find this site valuable, but it is an interesting and sometimes mind boggling read at times.

Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

It must be all the new posters who want the mentoring.There’s plenty of them!Every second post is from a newbie.

I find it amazing that regular members of this website would need mentoring.
    If you’ve been reading this site for awhile, you would think mentoring would be un-necessary.
    Absolutely amazed at the amount of posters puting up their hand.Caused the site to be knocked for six.

What could anyone teach you for two and a half thousand dollars? Even more curious about the nine thousand,nine hundred dollars.

bruham.

Profile photo of nazzysmithnazzysmith
    @nazzysmith

I gotta admit the program is pricey and the signing up scenario was a deadset shocker and completely unfair not to mention the opportunities in the market dont seem that great. But at the end of the day if participating in the mentoring program saves me from 1 bad deal. Then it has paid for it self. More so I have the option to go to uni part time. It would be an expensive & hard slog for 4 years before i realised a gain and could use it in my chosen career. Basically I see the mentoring program as another educational opportunity that will realise returns from day one. Irrespective of wether i go to uni or not I will still be investing in some shape or form. So I will defer the option of uni and pour my efforts into Property Investment and my education of it. Potenitially i wont even have to go to uni….

Participant
    @bruham

Nazzy,
    Why on earth would you give up university?
    For S.McK’s once a week email telling you the virtues of how to participate in the property game.
    With a young brain, you should be able to suck up university and do S.McK’s weekly course on your ear.
    Property is absolutely dead boring.If it’s done right, watching grass growing is far more exciting.Especially if it’s you’re own!!!

If you matriculated, then you CAN DO both.

bruham.

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

It would be interesting to see how many people on this forum who invest in property are actually working in the discipline they studied at university. I chose my discipline because it was something I was interested and could be undertaken part time. It doesn’t matter whether you choose steve’s mentoring course or study at university, neither of them have guarantees that you will pass or succeed. Nazzy have a really good look at which one you want and remember there will most likely be an opportunity to do one or the other at a later time.

C2

Rich in happiness and money is better than rich in money with no happiness.

Profile photo of nazzysmithnazzysmith
    @nazzysmith

Im sure ive made the right decision. My long term goals are financial freedom, this will not be gained by pursuing the career path im on. Im already on 80k.And i only work a flat 40 hrs. But a higher position requires 60 to 80 hour per week. Longer hours are not what im looking for.
    To do both would be pointless at this stage as uni would make me time poor and would restrict cash reserves.
    Good point though bruham, uni vs steves program?Commonsense would suggest Uni, but it will not get me where i want to be…. So 12 more months wont hurt.

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Nazzy,

Congratulations on getting in to the mentoring cause. It may be worth while to contact the university and find out what books they use for the course you were thinking of doing. Try to borrow some books and when you want a break from the investing side read one of the books or even allocate 1-2 hours a week to reading these books. This way you are covering both areas at the same time and still keeping your options open.

C2

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Sorry Nazzy that should be ‘course’ not cause.
    C2

Participant
    @bruham

Nazzy,
    You sound like you know what you’re doing.
    After all, that’s all that matters.
    Best of luck, and go for it hard and fast.

bruham.

Profile photo of MarkyMarkMarkyMark
    @markymark
    Originally posted by markpatrick:
    I can`t help but think that Steve and other seminar/strategy salesman at the end of the day would earn thier money in property if they could, since they can`t they play the amway/money streams game.
    No malice in my opinion but it`s what I believe to be fact.

I think you are ignoring a very sensible possibility. Why can’t they being doing both? Sure, they can make money from the seminar biz, but you must be aware that they have been active in property recently in both NZ and the US – it’s been in the papers.

In fact, someone in this forum was complaining that they were still active in property, and why couldn’t they leave well enough alone to leave room for other guys.

On this theme my belief is Who cares if Steve, Joe blo or anyone else is making money out of it or what the motivation is.

The mentoring is a service offered like all the other services in the world. It doesn’t matter if they are doing this because they cant make money out of real-estate at the moment or because they don’t want to work or because they are good Samaritans or for what every other reason. Who cares what the reason is. Who cares how much they make.

In my opinion a better question to ask is “will this service help me get what I want”.

If the answer is no. Then don’t do it
    If the answer is yes. Then do it.

What Steve gets,why he’s offering mentoring for a price etc is irrelevant to the achievement of your goals.

Cheers,
    MarkyMark

Profile photo of ilearnerilearner
    @ilearner

Best mentor is David Tweed. Reading BRW Sep 15 – Oct 19 Version. He is great mentor in making money

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

David Tweed the scammer?

Is this a joke or do I have the wrong person?

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/23/1066631570432.html?from=storyrhs

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of markpatrickmarkpatrick
    @markpatrick
    Originally posted by MarkyMark:

Originally posted by markpatrick:
    I can`t help but think that Steve and other seminar/strategy salesman at the end of the day would earn thier money in property if they could, since they can`t they play the amway/money streams game.
    No malice in my opinion but it`s what I believe to be fact.

I think you are ignoring a very sensible possibility. Why can’t they being doing both? Sure, they can make money from the seminar biz, but you must be aware that they have been active in property recently in both NZ and the US – it’s been in the papers.

In fact, someone in this forum was complaining that they were still active in property, and why couldn’t they leave well enough alone to leave room for other guys.

On this theme my belief is Who cares if Steve, Joe blo or anyone else is making money out of it or what the motivation is.

The mentoring is a service offered like all the other services in the world. It doesn’t matter if they are doing this because they cant make money out of real-estate at the moment or because they don’t want to work or because they are good Samaritans or for what every other reason. Who cares what the reason is. Who cares how much they make.

In my opinion a better question to ask is “will this service help me get what I want”.

If the answer is no. Then don’t do it
    If the answer is yes. Then do it.

What Steve gets,why he’s offering mentoring for a price etc is irrelevant to the achievement of your goals.

Cheers,
    MarkyMark

Can`t argue with that logic.[blink][blink][jerry]

Profile photo of The Wild OneThe Wild One
    @the-wild-one

Hello everbody,
    I’ve been reading all the posts about the mentoring program and I would like to give you some food for thought.

We all want to be a secure and comfortable when we eventually retire, and the first steps we take to acheive this are the most important ones.
    Our journey from where we begin to where we want to be, can be compaired to a journey from Melbourne to Brisbane.

We can first think about doing nothing and stay where we are..[sleep2]

Secondly we can take take the risky cheaper way and hitch-hike, we may get there or we may not. But at least it’s not going to cost much[weird]

Thirdly, we could drive our own vehicle there. This way we are in control and we will get there in a day or two. [bike2]

Or we could take a plane, it’s going to cost a bit more but we will be there in a couple of hours. This would seam to be the most logical way with very little worries and probably the saffest way by far. [wings]

p.s. I drove the car method, but when I look back I wish I had of flown

Profile photo of HutchHutch
    Participant
    @hutch

ilearner,
    David Tweed…money advice….paarrleeezz…
    what rock have you been under?
    you are kidding your self.

It is very hard to detect sarcasim on these posts, so i will give you the benefit of the doubt.
    [blink]

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.