All Topics / Value Adding / what can l do with our extra land -sea views??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of kdhnkdhn
    @kdhn

Hi guys.
    Our new place on 7 acs has a spare 3 ac block at the other end with great views and seperate entrance.
    The problem is we have a tree plantation either end – when they get approval to start a plantation it must be 100mtrs or more from a dwelling – the plantation begins 40 mtrs from the 3 ac end . We don’t need the block so if we could get a building permit for it l can sell it .
    The coucil won’t tell me they say put in the app’ which will cost me abit and because it’s only 40 mtrs from the start of plantations next door – l can’t find out if the 100 mtr thing goes my way to – or only from the tree plantations side . Maybe we can build closer to a plantation – but when they get their permits it’s the standard 100 mtr rule .
    Would anyone know anything about it ???
    The other question was – if l couldn’t get a building permit [ which would then make it worth subdeviding to sell off ] – any other ideas of how l could cash in on the spare section , it’s going to waist as is , we don’t use it and need money ????
    Any tips appreciated .
    Mkc.

Profile photo of hmackayhmackay
    Participant
    @hmackay

Hi MKC,

I read your other post on the creative way you managed to purchase the property. Congrats , well done.

It sounds like a sought after retirement area.

Sorry can’t suggest anything about the 100m for plantations. You’ve tried the local council but they say put in an application and see how you go but you are concerned about costs. I guess it depends on the the cost, if not tooo much then it may be worthwile. Suggestion: talk to a non-council planner(check the local yellow pages)they may be cheaper that the council, and they may be able to suggest other profitable uses. In the mean time could you park a few caravans or sell a few trees?

Could you keep us posted on your progress please.

Good luck hope this helps.

hrm

Profile photo of kdhnkdhn
    @kdhn

Thanks hrm.
    sounds like a rediculous question but shows just how life can go from one extreme to the other , you just never know !.
    Funny you mention caravans – would you believe l actually have a 110 ft shed on the place to [ only 5 yrs old ] with a seperate entrance . l was thinking about seeing if l could fill 3 bays with some storage of some kind , caravans were one thing l was thinking about .
    Are people usually after places to store vans ?
    The trees – their on the blocks next door – not mine to sell and it’s when they set up their plantations they need to be 100 mtrs from any neighbours dwelling . Can’t seem to find out if it’s the same law for me .
    With the other stuff yeah look l will try a few more things to check it all out before bothering with the coucil apps , l have asked them and they want you to go to a fair bit of trouble just to put in the app so l’ll keep checking around first .

Originally posted by hmackay:

Hi MKC,

I read your other post on the creative way you managed to purchase the property. Congrats , well done.

It sounds like a sought after retirement area.

Sorry can’t suggest anything about the 100m for plantations. You’ve tried the local council but they say put in an application and see how you go but you are concerned about costs. I guess it depends on the the cost, if not tooo much then it may be worthwile. Suggestion: talk to a non-council planner(check the local yellow pages)they may be cheaper that the council, and they may be able to suggest other profitable uses. In the mean time could you park a few caravans or sell a few trees?

Could you keep us posted on your progress please.

Good luck hope this helps.

hrm

Profile photo of hmackayhmackay
    Participant
    @hmackay

GDay Mkc,

110 foot shed wow!

Storage sounds the way to go if there is demand. Perhaps Melbourneites could store their water toys, caravans etc.

Surely others on this forum could make some suggestions!

Perhaps this post will put the topic near the top to recieve some attention.

hrm

Profile photo of kdhnkdhn
    @kdhn

Thanks for that Hrm
    Yeah it’s near the Great Ocean Road a big holiday area so we’re thinking of running adds for holiday goodies storage.
    The 3 ac block we decided we can’t part with so thinking of turning that into a driveway .
    Brother reckons could always sell the shed if no customers – an option l spose though l’m getting kinda fond of seeing the big bugar everytime l go down the back .
    The dairy’s on hold till l come up with a brainwave for that one.
    catch and thanks for the tips
    mkc

Originally posted by hmackay:

GDay Mkc,

110 foot shed wow!

Storage sounds the way to go if there is demand. Perhaps Melbourneites could store their water toys, caravans etc.

Surely others on this forum could make some suggestions!

Perhaps this post will put the topic near the top to recieve some attention.

hrm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.