All Topics / Forum Frolic / The 5th Test

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Well it all comes down to the final test. Can the Aussie finally regain some form ? Will the rain spoil a great game ? or will this fantastic English team complete what many thought was impossible and win the Ashes?

its all set.

regards westan

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com
    check it out !
    Properties in the USA 15-25% returns- email to join our database [email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Sure is all set with 2 days to go.

Must admit i never realised Billy Bowden was an Aussie or maybe he has a quid on the Aussies to win the 5th Test.

How was Ricky Pointing not given out with a bat bad catch?
    How was Ashley Giles given LBW with a ball that was spinning so much that first slip could have caught it.

The list goes on

All we can hope for is good old fashioned English weather and England to get what they deserve and that is for the Ashes to return home to their birth place.

Cheers Richard

Ph: (07) 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com

IP funding and US property finance
    our speciality

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Richard

it looks like the Englishmen will win the ashes with one day to go. And deservidly so. They have been the better team [bawl].

But surely your not serious about the umpiring, You guys have certainly got the better of the decisions.

Anyway i don’t want to upset you, i need a loan in the States so better take the diplomatic approach.

regards westan

check it out !
    Properties in the USA 15-25% returns- email to join our database [email protected]

Profile photo of Just LearningJust Learning
    @just-learning

nah its all over, we have it in the bag. 4 for at the moment. Warney and McGrath will clean them up before lunch, the sun is out and we will get the 150 – 180 needed to win.
    ps – Westan, today is the last day

regards,

Paul (ever the optimist !)

Participant
    @qlds007

Paul

At 126-5 I am getting very very nervous.

Cheers Richard

[email protected]

our speciality

@just-learning

Hi Richard,

Are you nervous for us (oz) or them..sorry I don’t know your background I’m “just learning”, lurk alot, post sometimes. It looks like its going to come down to a one day game scenario. I have to revise my initial forecast, lol – maybe oz starts a one day chase sometime in this session. Lee seemed to be fired up last session as well – its already resumed after lunch, gotta go watch.

Told my wife this is a matter of significant national importance, but she doesn’t seem to care, has gone to bed

regards,

Paul

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Guys

well its all over for me , its now tea and the Poms will win the ashes well done England.

Its now 2.30 in New Zealand, i’ve had enough of these disapointing late nights[bawl].

Anyway its been a great series, congats Richard.

Paul

ps – Westan, today is the last day

isn’t that what i said ?????

Englishmen will win the ashes with one day to go

Paul looks like your wife is smarter than the rest of us.

has gone to bed

Nite Westan

check it out !

Participant
    @qlds007

Thank you Westan for your kind comments.

The Ashes ae back in their rightful home and that means we can go back to getting a decent nights sleep.

To all those who had a wager with me on the result let me now if you need my postal address. I have warned the local post office to be expect large amounts of cash to arrive in sealed in envelopes.

Bring on the return in 4 years time.

Cheers Richard

[email protected]

our speciality

@just-learning

Slight error of judgement on my part, (eats humble pie ) lol. Seriously, well done England. We were outplayed in the whole series. It is annoying however that the weather and bad light play a big part in any series played in England.

Paul

@just-learning

Westan,

Sorry, it was just my brain going at 1mkph. When you wrote “with one day to go” play had already started, so I thought, that you thought there was another day to go. Realised after I posted that wasn’t what you mean’t.

regards,

Paul

Profile photo of PhoenixrisingPhoenixrising
    @phoenixrising

Well done England, good for the game.

Looking forward to next ashes, summer 06-07 in Oz
    Bring it on

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Congrats on your teams historic win Richard,
    On a positive note I thought the coverage on SBS was very good & less commercials, I enjoyed Dean Jones special comments, now there is a player who was robbed by the selectors.

Still have the AFL finals, and as the Cats are out of the running so I’m now barracking for the Saints to take the flag, cheers.

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

Mobile Mortgage Market
    Ph: 0402 483 216
    [email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au

PLEASE note comments made should not be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice.

Profile photo of GeoffBeckGeoffBeck
    @geoffbeck

Gee wizz Steven, every team you’ve gone for losses. For my sake please don’t go for the Swans in next weeks grand final….

The whole ashes loss is killing me. All the Poms at work are just hammering me about the cricket – all week – none stop.
    Even today whilst watching the West Coast Vs Adelaide AFL match the cameras zoomed in on a Pom in the crowd holding up a replica of the ashes urn…..
    Last night travelling in home got stuck in Sydney’s rat race traffic fright behind a bus with a massive advert sprawled across the back about the cricketers losing the ashes….

Cheers,
    GeoffB

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage
    Originally posted by GeoffBeck:

Gee wizz Steven, every team you’ve gone for losses. For my sake please don’t go for the Swans in next weeks grand final….

Cheers,
    GeoffB

I have lost interest Geoff; no Vic teams left in the comp, again!

But for your sake I’m picking the eagles, regardless if Hall plays or not., Cheers.

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

Mobile Mortgage Market
    Ph: 0402 483 216
    [email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au

PLEASE note comments made should not be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.