All Topics / Help Needed! / Selling a loved one to buy an investment prop.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of giddogiddo
    @giddo

I just read a thread where the poor man had to SELL HIS GTR (nice car) in order to make a start in property investment.
    Are there any other car nuts out there who have had to make this ULTIMATE SACRIFICE??
    I did it and i bet there are plenty of others who have.
    It was 1988 and I sold my pristine HOLDEN TORANA V8 auto sedan (yellow and black).
    To replace it I bought a 1967 HILLMAN MINX!
    I sold the Torana for $4000 and bought the minx for $500.
    I then bought a house for $30,000 and sold it for $43,000 only 18 months later.
    However, I still miss my Torana – 16 years later.

Giddo
    http://www.standrewsplace.com.au

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

Profile photo of RegrowRegrow
    @regrow

Hi Giddo

I too sold my V8 Torana but not for a house but to continue travelling. It took me 5 years to build. I did all the work in the driveway of my parents place. And yes they still love me!! I think…lol. Cost me $17k in parts alone and sold it for $9.5k. If only I knew then what I know now. But this was a few years ago now. Cant seem to find how/if I can post a picture. Anyway mine was light blue and black.

You are a fool for 5 seconds if you ask a question, but a fool for life if you don’t.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

how much would someone pay me for my children?
    hmmmm… now theres a thought!!!

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Real Estate Agents, No Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

only joking,

I’m not really selling my kids!!!

sometimes you have to spell out the blatant obvious on this forum incase someone actually does take it seriously[angry2][angry2][angry2]

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Real Estate Agents, No Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of voigtstrvoigtstr
    @voigtstr

I bought a 2001 model Moto Guzzi V11 Le Mans in 2002. Cost $21800. Its a fairly unique bike so I wont be selling it ever. I refinanced the loan on it once to make the repayments on it more palatable, so now if I sold it would just barely cover the remaining balance on the loan. You check out pretty pics of the bike by clicking on the top left photo on my homepage.

For my first house, I’m saving the old fashioned way (by putting money aside, and not buying cd’s and computer games or play station portables etc) (will get the playstation 3 when it releases next year though :)

More stuff on the voigtstr at http://users.bigpond.net.au/voigtstr

Profile photo of Misty1Misty1
    @misty1

Oh,bummer, Dr. X! I was ready to make you an offer (perhaps a wrap option…) for your kids! My snake hasnt eaten in weeks & I thought they would fill him up!
    Now,I hope you all know I am only joking!
    Also,I have never given myself a nice enough vehicle that it was worth trading for a house! I was told at a fairly young age that a car is a liablity, & a house is an asset,so I’ve just sunk my cash into houses & still drive an old car (that I love by the way) I’d like to think soon that i could pay cash 4 a nice car,but in truth the money will probably go into another house! A flash vehicle just isnt a priority 2 me (but it would be nice,so i’m not knocking it!)

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

giddo, you got me in with the subject and then when I realised it was only a car!

It has to be a bloke thing with cars, I have only ever wanted cheap cars that would get me from A to B and when they clonk out you get another one.

I do this without a tear in the eye or any backward glance as I walk away from the wreckers (they are the only ones that want it when the car dies).

I hope you don’t get all this emotional when buying IP’s.

No offence meant but a car is a car is car.

Cheers

Jenny1

Profile photo of voigtstrvoigtstr
    @voigtstr

is a bike is a bike is a bike?

http://users.bigpond.net.au/voigtstr/voigtstr_v11lemans20040210_1.jpg is my only vehicle, which I will keep even when we are all flying around in moller sky cars (http://www.moller.com/skycar/)

More stuff on the voigtstr at http://users.bigpond.net.au/voigtstr

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

voigtstr
    Yep you have got the idea a bike is a bike is a bike too[biggrin]

Jenny1

Profile photo of ShwingShwing
    Participant
    @shwing

I’m with you girls Jenny and Misty, I’m not a car person at all, A-B for me, unfortunantly the wife is.
    Dr X, we’ve not had much luck with the kids thing. Maybe it because i’m not into cars. You give me $100 week for each kid and I’ll take them off your hands. That’s got to be cashflow positive for you !! Everyones got a price.

Sorry Doc, just kidding !! (no pun intended)

Mal

Getting out of your comfort zone, can help you become comfortable

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.